2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me if its a straightforward decision between Gordon or Iwobi then it has to be Gordon. I haven't seen anything from Iwobi that would make me want to start him in any game, infact when he came on at the weekend against our loveable neighbours did he even touch the ball?

Iwobi has done pretty well this season, a rash 5 mins at Palace aside.

And yes, he won us a free-kick right at the death with a great bit of skill and we could have scored.

Iwobi will be starting if he's fit. He's got more physicality and power and Carlo will want that in there.

Gordon and Bernard will be on the bench.

I've never been disappointed with this lad, just like niles

Very young and raw but deserving to be In matchday squad

Hes an unknown quantity so we should use him as advantage

I wonder if the data they are getting from training is showing some signs of fatigue, he worked hard during the off season to bulk up. Perhaps the coaching staff are worried about burn out.

@MarcelsGoat , while I am ever in admiration of your use of the juicy worm, I do feel you need to expand a bit, the aptly named “ Woolly Bugger Fly” can be particularly effective for the larger fish.
Im not writing him off just yet.

But I feel comments like "He can replace Richarlison" are way off the mark.

Hes shown flashes of what he can do and he's a young lad with potential, most people assume he's a cert to "make it", I'm 50/50 at the moment, it could go either way, but again, he's very young and he will improve.

Gordon is a natural replacement to Richarlison??????????

Based on what?
Based on how direct he is, his ability to run at players, his ability to create chances for others and his eagerness to get on the score sheet himself. I'm not suggesting he's as good as Richarlison but I think he'd be a bigger goal threat than anyone else we have to replace him with.

Iwobi has done pretty well this season, a rash 5 mins at Palace aside.

And yes, he won us a free-kick right at the death with a great bit of skill and we could have scored.

Iwobi will be starting if he's fit. He's got more physicality and power and Carlo will want that in there.

Gordon and Bernard will be on the bench.
I agree he will be starting cos ancelloti thinks he's worthy of a place and who am i to argue but for me he does very little and his one piece of skill does not make up for his ineffectiveness during all his other minutes on the pitch.

Did the best piece of skill in the game mate, so yes he touched it.
Aye touched it once and admittedly did get us that free kick but for me i want more from a guy that cost £35m than one trick in a game i want him to be causing chaos but for most of the time I've seen him on the pitch for us he has been woeful.

I agree he will be starting cos ancelloti thinks he's worthy of a place and who am i to argue but for me he does very little and his one piece of skill does not make up for his ineffectiveness during all his other minutes on the pitch.

Tbf mate he was on the pitch for 12 minutes the other day, in a mental part of the game.

I'm not his biggest fan but I don't really see what he did wrong the other day.

He was thrown on to get something out of the game and in whatever small way, he helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.