2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just good, sensible business by the club. He’s a good player with lots of room for improvement. He will hopefully kick on to become a 1st team regular which will save the club million. Ancelotti clearly likes him which is good enough for me.

Agree tbh - remember how good Davies looked in his first season?

Gordon looks "ok" at this stage but hasn't looked as good as a Rooney or Ross - would rather we have them keep pushing for a new deal rather than handing them out like candy based on 10 or so games like we did with DCL aswell.
I think this is a disservice to the hard work a young lad has put in. He's obviously worked hard and performed in a lot more than 10 or so games. I think you are judging him by two extremes (Rooney at one end of the scale, Davies the other) he's somewhere in between.

This is the type of contract extension I can get on board with. Looks a handy player
I only hope they haven't got ahead of themselves and offered him 30/40/50k a week guaranteed for five years. He's looked promising, but that's it. He's certainly not a proven Premier League player. For all we know he could turn into the next Tom Davies. 15k for now rising each year based on performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.