2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the club have only assessed him on 2 games:Blink:
Did I say that though?

I dont get why we are tying players down on long term deals. Have we learned nothing over the past few seasons? Do I see Man City knocking on the door for this lad any time soon no. No need to throw a long term contract at him in a panic.

He may have looked like one of the better players in the close of the season but the bar was so low, it's not a glowing reference.

I expected this to be the most unanimously well received news since Richarlison’s contract extension... mental that anyone would be anything but happy with this!
Also, at his age he’ll have a nice raise, which is fully deserved as he’s now in the first team squad, but he’ll still be on a relatively low wage which will almost certainly need to get bumped again before the end of five years if he progresses how he has been!

Trying to say that tying a promising young player onto a long term deal is not a good thing is just bonkers.
Apart from anything else at his age on a short term contract he could let the contract run down and we would get nothing.

Gordon is a promising talent. We simply just don't know yet how good he can be.
He is tall , rangy, pacey with good close control and seems intelligent in his play for somebody so young.
He will be used sparingly over the next couple of seasons but it shows how highly he is regarded that he skipped the loan route and went straight into contention for the first team.

Time will tell just how good he can be but this very positive.

Did I say that though?

I dont get why we are tying players down on long term deals. Have we learned nothing over the past few seasons? Do I see Man City knocking on the door for this lad any time soon no. No need to throw a long term contract at him in a panic.

He may have looked like one of the better players in the close of the season but the bar was so low, it's not a glowing reference.

Agree tbh - remember how good Davies looked in his first season?

Gordon looks "ok" at this stage but hasn't looked as good as a Rooney or Ross - would rather we have them keep pushing for a new deal rather than handing them out like candy based on 10 or so games like we did with DCL aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.