2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected this to be the most unanimously well received news since Richarlison’s contract extension... mental that anyone would be anything but happy with this!
Also, at his age he’ll have a nice raise, which is fully deserved as he’s now in the first team squad, but he’ll still be on a relatively low wage which will almost certainly need to get bumped again before the end of five years if he progresses how he has been!
He drives a brand new x6 so he wasn't exactly skint before this

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him nail down the LM spot if we stick to 4-4-2 this season. Also think he could be very potent as the left of a front 3 if we switch to a 4-3-3. Would give him all the minutes he needs to help bring him on.

He drives a brand new x6 so he wasn't exactly skint before this
Nor should he be skint he’s a premier league footballer but let’s say he was on a few grand a week before (I’m making this up). If Bernard is on 120kpw and imo Gordon has been playing better than him, maybe we’ve bumped him to 10kpw as a reward.

I don’t know the numbers and don’t really care, the lad established himself as a first team squad player and has been rewarded for it - good for him!

I do wonder about the timing of this - with Watford having asked to take him on loan as part of the Doucoure deal - wonder if a new deal makes this anymore likely?

Plenty of other players they could have. Davies, Delph, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Tosun, Iwobi, Baningime, Kenny, Besic, Sandro, Bolasie.

Or how about about all 11 of them.

Booooooo
Shocking this, what has he done to deserve this, nothing, absolutely nothing. Just another wannabe on the take and clogging up the books.

Seriously though, he’s looked decent when played, well up to premier league standard. Looks the type to improve a lot with better players around him.
He obviously had a very good attitude too, this is Carlo Ancelotti giving him a contract, not some two-bit wannabe who’s won nothing.
Good luck to him

Status
Not open for further replies.