2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wasn’t expecting Gordon to be in the squad against Chelsea with Bernard coming back, but I was then disappointed when I saw the squad and the formation we used . I didn’t see the point of having both Tosun and Oumar an the bench , I just couldn’t imagine any situation where we would bring on two similar players. With Gordon’s pace and ability to play across all three front positions he’d have been ideal coming on for a Richarlison if we needed to rescue the game or if Rich was injured. I can see the logic of Davies offering more defensively in that position , but if we do continue with a 442 Gordon becomes a very viable option to come off the bench and use his pace to run at a tiring defence. I assume it’s back to U23s football tonight, his day will come he’s got too much talent not to be given a chance this season . Just so long as people don’t expect miracles from him when he does get game time.

I wasn’t expecting Gordon to be in the squad against Chelsea with Bernard coming back, but I was then disappointed when I saw the squad and the formation we used . I didn’t see the point of having both Tosun and Oumar an the bench , I just couldn’t imagine any situation where we would bring on two similar players. With Gordon’s pace and ability to play across all three front positions he’d have been ideal coming on for a Richarlison if we needed to rescue the game or if Rich was injured. I can see the logic of Davies offering more defensively in that position , but if we do continue with a 442 Gordon becomes a very viable option to come off the bench and use his pace to run at a tiring defence. I assume it’s back to U23s football tonight, his day will come he’s got too much talent not to be given a chance this season . Just so long as people don’t expect miracles from him when he does get game time.

Tosun, Niasse AND Kean on the bench don’t forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.