2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
from 2012 vs Leeds:
"It was very disappointing,' said David Moyes, who gave chances to the likes of Francisco Junior and Bryan Oviedo which they singularly failed to take.

Rubbish comparison
1. He's not a midget
2. He's not a midfielder
3. He didn't join us from man City/benfica
4. He hasnt been stuck playing reserve football for about 5 years
5. He's not Portuguese/African

from 2012 vs Leeds:
"It was very disappointing,' said David Moyes, who gave chances to the likes of Francisco Junior and Bryan Oviedo which they singularly failed to take.

Lets be honest though that Junior wasn't going to be up to much - are there any examples of Benfica letting young talents go too early and regretting it? They know their stuff when it comes to spotting a potential player. Was it junior who had a few videos of him floating round cracking off 40 yarders in reserve games?

Rubbish comparison
1. He's not a midget
2. He's not a midfielder
3. He didn't join us from man City/benfica
4. He hasnt been stuck playing reserve football for about 5 years
5. He's not Portuguese/African
My comparison was based on a young reserve player stepping up to the first team during a bad spell and carrying the can for a poor performance - certainly not related to your items 1 -5. By the Way you forgot Item 6, that his name begins with an F not an A... so it couldn't possibly be a valid comparison.

My comparison was based on a young reserve player stepping up to the first team during a bad spell and carrying the can for a poor performance - certainly not related to your items 1 -5. By the Way you forgot Item 6, that his name begins with an F not an A... so it couldn't possibly be a valid comparison.

No one rated junior though and Gordon has more talent in his little finger. Did he even play a premier league game to carry the can for a poor performance?

I doubt very much that young players ever were parachuted into the first team without having played and trained with them for some time.
Anthony Gordon is being integrated into the first team squad and certainly should get minutes on the pitch before the end of the season.

I think it is because there is so much information in the media now that we are all so much more aware of what is happening around the training ground.
I think Gordon has a good chance of becoming a regular starter for the Blues, I sincerely hope he isn’t selected at the present time, he’d be thrown in at the deep end, even from the subs bench, he needs help from the senior players, but most of them are struggling at the moment. Anthony will be better to wait until Everton get out of the slump we are in and come into a settled, more confident team. Hopefully that won’t be too long in coming.

I think Gordon has a good chance of becoming a regular starter for the Blues, I sincerely hope he isn’t selected at the present time, he’d be thrown in at the deep end, even from the subs bench, he needs help from the senior players, but most of them are struggling at the moment. Anthony will be better to wait until Everton get out of the slump we are in and come into a settled, more confident team. Hopefully that won’t be too long in coming.
The problem is will the manager (Silva or otherwise) be willing to throw an 18 year old into the team when they are playing well? Most managers are not willing to do that. Maybe if Brands is given full authority to hire the next one we will get somebody who is willing to give young players time. But my guess is Gordon and whoever else will only break through at bad moments of form or in injury crises and this current situation is both of those.

The problem is will the manager (Silva or otherwise) be willing to throw an 18 year old into the team when they are playing well? Most managers are not willing to do that. Maybe if Brands is given full authority to hire the next one we will get somebody who is willing to give young players time. But my guess is Gordon and whoever else will only break through at bad moments of form or in injury crises and this current situation is both of those.
You could be right, but I think in a successful team Gordon would have better chances with Everton on a decent run, even if it was from the bench and gradually work his way into more regular games and starts. Let’s hope that successful run is coming soon.

You could be right, but I think in a successful team Gordon would have better chances with Everton on a decent run, even if it was from the bench and gradually work his way into more regular games and starts. Let’s hope that successful run is coming soon.
I agree that is ideal but it just doesn't seem to happen. Looking at someone like Chelsea who look really good with young guys like Abraham, Tomori, Hudson-Odoi and Mount playing key roles didn't do it because they wanted to. Phil Foden gets hyped up but City refuse to use him in key moments. Even success stories like Rashford and Alexander-Arnold only came about due to injuries originally. The pressure on managers is so high that very few choose to make these decisions. I think getting talented youngsters on the field needs to be a priority for us so right now so I'd get Gordon on the bench and maybe into the XI if he shows some promise.

I agree that is ideal but it just doesn't seem to happen. Looking at someone like Chelsea who look really good with young guys like Abraham, Tomori, Hudson-Odoi and Mount playing key roles didn't do it because they wanted to. Phil Foden gets hyped up but City refuse to use him in key moments. Even success stories like Rashford and Alexander-Arnold only came about due to injuries originally. The pressure on managers is so high that very few choose to make these decisions. I think getting talented youngsters on the field needs to be a priority for us so right now so I'd get Gordon on the bench and maybe into the XI if he shows some promise.
He will probably get cameo’s then when we are going into 3 games a week throughout December the starts will become more regular especially if in the cameo appearances he smashes it.

He will probably get cameo’s then when we are going into 3 games a week throughout December the starts will become more regular especially if in the cameo appearances he smashes it.
That would be good. I think it's important to remember that I, and I think Evertonians more generally, haven't really seen nearly enough of the kid to know if he's actually going to be a PL player. But I'm just worried after how we've handled Lookman and Vlasic recently that we aren't adequately planning out how to get young players minutes when they are ready, and that can only be to our detriment.

That would be good. I think it's important to remember that I, and I think Evertonians more generally, haven't really seen nearly enough of the kid to know if he's actually going to be a PL player. But I'm just worried after how we've handled Lookman and Vlasic recently that we aren't adequately planning out how to get young players minutes when they are ready, and that can only be to our detriment.
This is it mate. I hope he is bedded in properly but we are in desperate need at the moment. I would perhaps give Beni a start and then bring Gordon on as a sub. I think Beni is the best solution out of the under 23s to start based on the position he plays with us being very thin in DM

Status
Not open for further replies.