2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you are going to hype him up then destroy him when he doesn’t live up to your wild expectations?

....i think it’s called human nature.

It really is up to the lad to grasp his chance when it arises. If he’s good enough he’ll be lauded, if he’s not he’ll be criticised. From a footballers perspective, it’s not a bad old time to be a professional, given the wealth accumulated with a couple of top flight contracts.

How many of you are going to hype him up then destroy him when he doesn’t live up to your wild expectations?
Well I don’t really recall people having the “ wild expectations “ you refer to , most people who have watched him recognise that at 18 he’s still developing , got more to learn and no , an untried 18 year is not the one to turn our season around on his own. What we see though is a young player of pace , skill and composure in front of goal who is currently the most talented player we have in the U23s , the layer below the first team. So if you ignore any over hyping , he ticks the boxes for “whos the next player to step up?”.
Position wise our current injury crisis is mainly in other areas, but he certainly could fill in for Bernard. The argument is really not if but when . I do agree with part of what you say, there will be many people on GOT delighted to knock him down at any opportunity.

Well I don’t really recall people having the “ wild expectations “ you refer to , most people who have watched him recognise that at 18 he’s still developing , got more to learn and no , an untried 18 year is not the one to turn our season around on his own. What we see though is a young player of pace , skill and composure in front of goal who is currently the most talented player we have in the U23s , the layer below the first team. So if you ignore any over hyping , he ticks the boxes for “whos the next player to step up?”.
Position wise our current injury crisis is mainly in other areas, but he certainly could fill in for Bernard. The argument is really not if but when . I do agree with part of what you say, there will be many people on GOT delighted to knock him down at any opportunity.

It's what gives them most pleasure, a peculiar breed

I doubt very much that young players ever were parachuted into the first team without having played and trained with them for some time.
Anthony Gordon is being integrated into the first team squad and certainly should get minutes on the pitch before the end of the season.

I think it is because there is so much information in the media now that we are all so much more aware of what is happening around the training ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.