Angry Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I’ve started going to games again over the last 2 years (long story) what has surprised me is how quiet the atmosphere has been; it’s appalling. Upsetting even.
I miss angry Goodison. I want it to again be a place of fear for opposing teams.

I would like the same at ours but I would guess that every stadium in the premier league that had one has lost its fear factor for most games.

Goodison was really nasty during that infamous 0-3 defeat to Wigan in the FA Cup quarter final back in 2013. I recall people's anger doubling when we still kept bringing every player back when defending set pieces despite being three goals down, Fellaini was getting booed and Phil Neville was getting loads after his awful error gifted them a goal. It was a real horrible place to be that day.

I expected he'd be as angry as the rest of us so Moyes attitude astounded me after the game as he didn't even seem that arsed. But maybe because he'd already been tipped off he was getting the United job and was off that summer.

Ipswich in the cup,1980,a fine team were Robsons men,battered us at the old lady 4-0 a couple of weeks previous,nobody gave us an earthly,Goodison got angry,we emerge victorious 2-1.

Good one Dario

I remember it well , went with my Uncle Keith to the 4-0 drubbing , took me to the Main stand as a treat !

Then went with mates to the Q/F game in the Paddock - never gave us a hope in hell , atmosphere was electric and players responded

Anger mixed with ecstasy at the Chelsea cup game with the Lukaku double. Really angry atmosphere towards the cocky Fulham Broadway's finest and in particular Diego Costa. It got to him in the end which resulted in his red card.
On the Man Utd Duncan Ferguson night, seasoned Utd fans actually asking what the Goodison crowd were on, as theyd never experienced anything like it.

Good one Dario

I remember it well , went with my Uncle Keith to the 4-0 drubbing , took me to the Main stand as a treat !

Then went with mates to the Q/F game in the Paddock - never gave us a hope in hell , atmosphere was electric and players responded
I too went to both.
What I remember about the FA Cup game is an Ipswich player hand balling in the box (it was more like a rugby player in a line out stretching for the ball). 45000 people saw it. Two didn’t. It wasn’t so much anger as wtaf. Then fury.

Took a mate from Australia to the Arsenal game in 2014. He loved football but had never been to a match before - this was his first time overseas. We had seats near the front of the Upper Gwladys and he was loving the atmosphere as we went 2-0 up. Kept buzzing off the singing and looking round in wonder, like a kid at Christmas.

Then the lack of fitness training under Martinez became apparent as we ran out of legs and conceded two goals in the last five minutes. My mate then experienced a proper Goodison anger meltdown and still talks about it whenever I see him.

I actually think that performance was edging the game in the previous March / April then what happened we would have to get used to.

Anger level 10

Anyone remember “ Ginger” who barracked every opposition player from The Stanley Park End, especially when they were taking corners, Ginger would run to them, giving them loads, Ginger would have his shirt unbuttoned down to his belly, hail rain or snow, I think he was the only Evertonian who was in the Park End for Derby games giving the Red fans plenty of stick along with Liverpool players, even those Red fans appreciated Ginger and he loved to hate them and their team, well Ginger hated every team and their fans but especially Liverpool.

What’s the angriest you’ve seen Goodison towards a referee.

United game was close in recent memory the other month, obviously before that another that all stands out when Clattenberg decided to let Steve Gerrard referee a derby and then turned down the most obvious penalty I’ve ever seen at Goodison and not given

A thread from some great angry Goodisons and any quotes or stories you’ve heard from opposition fans.

I’ll start with not a very obvious but when Phil Neville decided not to be a Manc for 5 mins and lashed in that tackle on Ronaldo.

The atmosphere after that was unreal.
Rooney's first game back with Man U. It was far from something to be proud of.

Rooney's first game back with Man U. It was far from something to be proud of.

I was around 14/15 I think and my arl fella took me, we seen the coach come in.... I had never seen anything like it.
Then went in the ground dear lord still can’t explain that now, the hatred was something else.

Couple of months later there was a subconscious decision that Everton winning was more important than basically trying to take out Rooney and we channeled it into something amazing!

Queuing up in the early in the 1970s for a hot dog outside Goodison we were starving after a delay we got to the front , the guy selling the hot dogs had puss in his finger a ciggie in his mouth with the ash dropping into the onion tray - my mate kicked the stall over , and we scarpered....dirty sod.....

Queuing up in the early in the 1970s for a hot dog outside Goodison we were starving after a delay we got to the front , the guy selling the hot dogs had puss in his finger a ciggie in his mouth with the ash dropping into the onion tray - my mate kicked the stall over , and we scarpered....dirty sod.....

But was the hotdog nice?

yeah I remember that, I remember being baffled by him being benched, makes sense when you say what AF said
He was on a yellow card and was about the be sent off for kissing his badge, I think if he'd stayed on for 2 minutes longer he would of been sent off.

Remember Birmingham about 15 years ago. The game was boring and floating towards a 1-1 draw. No one in the crowd could be arsed, no one on the pitch seemed to have any urgency in them. Next thing Birmingham dont kick the ball back after we had hit it out and the place erupted, completely transformed from a library into a bear pit, their players visibly shrunk and we scored twice in the last minute.
Remember that in the 2007/2008 season Kapo I think his name was, whacked the ball out of play for a throw in, when he should of passed it to Howard, then Carsley scored a screamer and Vaughan scored as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.