Angry Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was around 14/15 I think and my arl fella took me, we seen the coach come in.... I had never seen anything like it.
Then went in the ground dear lord still can’t explain that now, the hatred was something else.

Couple of months later there was a subconscious decision that Everton winning was more important than basically trying to take out Rooney and we channeled it into something amazing!
Amazing scenes that day, even a young girl, part of the sponsoring firm for the game, was giving Rooney grief when he came out of the tunnel onto the pitch.

Anyone remember us beating Blackburn 1-0 after having a man sent off early - mid 2000’s. We must have had about 3/4 goals disallowed as well. Convinced the crowd won it that day - fume grew at the ref’s incompetence grew with every decision. felt like we wouldn’t let ourselves be beat that day
BTs own Peter Walton, the purveyor of refereeing incompetence that day. Seem to remember he never ventured near the sidelines for most of that game.

Queuing up in the early in the 1970s for a hot dog outside Goodison we were starving after a delay we got to the front , the guy selling the hot dogs had puss in his finger a ciggie in his mouth with the ash dropping into the onion tray - my mate kicked the stall over , and we scarpered....dirty sod.....
Used to amaze when you got off the footie special in the 70s and everyone went to the hot dog seller by the crown. Massive queue. The seller was a little fella, glasses, club foot I think. Looked liked he had been homeless for about 40 years yet people and my mates woofed his hot dogs

Used to amaze when you got off the footie special in the 70s and everyone went to the hot dog seller by the crown. Massive queue. The seller was a little fella, glasses, club foot I think. Looked liked he had been homeless for about 40 years yet people and my mates woofed his hot dogs
This one had a puss finger & his ciggie which was stuck to his lips the ash was falling into his onions tray- no thanks....

Your still here to tell the tale his hygiene must have been okish :D

Goodison was really nasty during that infamous 0-3 defeat to Wigan in the FA Cup quarter final back in 2013. I recall people's anger doubling when we still kept bringing every player back when defending set pieces despite being three goals down, Fellaini was getting booed and Phil Neville was getting loads after his awful error gifted them a goal. It was a real horrible place to be that day.

I expected he'd be as angry as the rest of us so Moyes attitude astounded me after the game as he didn't even seem that arsed. But maybe because he'd already been tipped off he was getting the United job and was off that summer.
I was more than angry at Moyes’s last game at Goodison versus WHU when 95% of the crowd stayed to applaud bar steward at the end of the game, I was on my toes and out of the ground the second the referee blew the whistle for full time, glad to see a few more coming out as well, those who stayed gave him a thunderous round of applause, a man who was allowed to manage the club months after he agreed to manage another club, unbelievable !!!

Goodison was really nasty during that infamous 0-3 defeat to Wigan in the FA Cup quarter final back in 2013. I recall people's anger doubling when we still kept bringing every player back when defending set pieces despite being three goals down, Fellaini was getting booed and Phil Neville was getting loads after his awful error gifted them a goal. It was a real horrible place to be that day.

I expected he'd be as angry as the rest of us so Moyes attitude astounded me after the game as he didn't even seem that arsed. But maybe because he'd already been tipped off he was getting the United job and was off that summer.

I'm sure we beat City the week after in a morning kick off and the fans were great. It's a funny, old game.

I was more than angry at Moyes’s last game at Goodison versus WHU when 95% of the crowd stayed to applaud bar steward at the end of the game, I was on my toes and out of the ground the second the referee blew the whistle for full time, glad to see a few more coming out as well, those who stayed gave him a thunderous round of applause, a man who was allowed to manage the club months after he agreed to manage another club, unbelievable !!!

The atmosphere that whole game was great and much more enjoyable than the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.