2022/23 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here and now fair enough, we can’t do anything until the summer, but next season
If we still have McNeil( who is still crap) pro footballer on 60k a week puts in a few crosses and works hard. Gray, iwobi and Townsend we will be in the bottom 6 next season even if we have Dominic Calvert-Lewin and a new 30mil striker

It’s just how far we’ve fallen. that fans think McNeil,Townsend and gray are good players.
Gray has turned into richarlison the last 3 weeks after getting left out.

Spurs got rid of Townsend when they quickly realised he was crap. That’s what clubs with a plan and ambition do. We give crap players new deals and let them hang around for 6/7 yrs like Tom Davies.
To be fair, what I've bolded is sentimental

We, indeed, have fallen far.

It's reality. And to get out of that reality, we need to realize where we are, survive this season, and the Board needs to work to fix what's got our beloved club in this mess in the first place.

Another one of many who contributed little and cost us millions. Not laying blame on players who are permanently injured.

Bit harsh. Before he was injured he was contributing. 5 goals and 3 assists in 23 games is hardly shabby. It was an unlucky and bad injury, unfortunately it looks like he may not play again for us to judge if he has turned into a Mina or DCL type.

Bit harsh. Before he was injured he was contributing. 5 goals and 3 assists in 23 games is hardly shabby. It was an unlucky and bad injury, unfortunately it looks like he may not play again for us to judge if he has turned into a Mina or Dominic Calvert-Lewin type.
And to be fair, an ACL injury, which is an acute, one time injury that's bad luck, isn't the same ballpark as whatever it is that keeps Mina from playing

It's reality. And to get out of that reality, we need to realize where we are, survive this season, and the Board needs to work to fix what's got our beloved club in this mess in the first place.
We all know how far we’ve fallen and it’s each to their own, but I will never accept players like Townsend, gray, McNeil. Maupay etc. yes I have to take on the chin, but untill they go and a few others we don’t move forward. You still can build a good team with limited funds IE Brighton, Brentford. Silva doing great with Fulham.

Once we replaced James and gylfi with gray and Townsend last season, it was nailed on
We’d be bottom 6

As it was them I doubt they can. Only hope is Dyche can do a Moyes and hide the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.