Confirmed Signing Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been a glass half full person too. I've said a few times we only need a couple of positions filling to compete for top 4, and I've said this after Benitez joined.

I didn't want Benitez but it's happened and I'm still an Evertonian and in here blogging. I want him to succeed because I want Everton to succeed. But everything I see tells me he's going about it the wrong way. Getting rid of James for one, not being interested in the youth side, disagreeing with the DoF and now the first signings he's brought in.

You think they are better than we have in the squad. That's an opinion but doesn't make you right. My opinion is you are wrong, but that doesn't make me hysterical. I'm aware that transfer window is still open and I'd be delighted if we brought in Dumfries and McNeil, I hope both rumours are rue and I haven't given up on either. But we also need a midfielder who breaks the lines, if James goes we need somebody to replace him and although I'd be happy to keep hold of Kean, we'd need to replace him if he goes. So that's possibly 4 first team starters and a quality back up forward. I'm very happy with the new back up keeper.

Let's see what happens by the end of the window, and let's see what happens with the two squad players we've bought already (assuming Gray goes ahead) and what the situation is at Christmas. I hope you are right on both mate.
Absolutely with you on most of that. However, IF James is going, it is not down to the club, it is his choice. Les be honest, he was only here cos of Carlo and, imo, was always gone as soon as we heard CA had left.

Big up ourselves for the coming season...will be a ride for sure.

Absolutely with you on most of that. However, IF James is going, it is not down to the club, it is his choice. Les be honest, he was only here cos of Carlo and, imo, was always gone as soon as we heard CA had left.

Of course it's down to the club, or the manager.

We should be trying tooth and nail to keep him. Letting it known he's available is not fighting tooth and nail in my book

Absolutely with you on most of that. However, IF James is going, it is not down ato the club, it is his choice. Les be honest, he was only here cos of Carlo and, imo, was always gone as soon as we heard CA had left.

I haven't seen anything yet to indicate that Benitez is not going to promote players from the academy . 17 year old Charlie Whitaker travelling to the USA is a positive sign and hopefully Gibson, Gordon, Branthwaite and one or two others may travel as well.

Regarding the signings so far , I think they will do a job and certainly bring pace to the squad which is something we all listed as a huge problem last season, Townsend may not have quite the same pace as before but is still rapid, Gray has a higher potential ceiling and Begovis is solid back up.

However, the activity remaining to be done will give us a better idea of the quality of the squad for next season and how our wages budget is affected and our position Regarding FFP

I don’t watch a lot of footy outside Everton, so I’ve only every seen him against us. I’ve always thought he’s pretty good. Quick, hard working. Certainly an upgrade on playing Iwobi or Coleman wide right.

He comes over really well in that interview too. Positive, level headed, good attitude to work. We could go out & sign another Vlasic, Lookman. All had ability, but if the head’s not right, they can’t be relied on.

Look at Milner. Grafter with a great attitude. Good sides have players with good mentality. I think he could be a shrewd signing.

I haven't seen anything yet to indicate that Benitez is not going to promote players from the academy . 17 year old Charlie Whitaker travelling to the USA is a positive sign and hopefully Gibson, Gordon, Branthwaite and one or two others may travel as well.

Regarding the signings so far , I think they will do a job and certainly bring pace to the squad which is something we all listed as a huge problem last season, Townsend may not have quite the same pace as before but is still rapid, Gray has a higher potential ceiling and Begovis is solid back up.

However, the activity remaining to be done will give us a better idea of the quality of the squad for next season and how our wages budget is affected and our position Regarding FFP
Yep, I imagine our wage bill will be way down at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.