Confirmed Signing Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray always seemed a headless chicken - that's one of those things that can improve with age and experience.

He still has his pace, he just needs to add more strings to his bow, because up to now he has essentially been a crap Raheem Sterling.
That was when he was half decent Tubes. He hasn't even been at that level for 3 years.

He needs to get back to that level and then improve again.

Not saying it's impossible, but it's a big ask.

Pot, kettle, black
Don't you have a degree in advanced moaning?

I'll moan when its warranted and sadly with EFC over the years its very warranted.

However the amount of crying and hyperbole in recent weeks has been off the charts especially considering a ball hasn't even been kicked yet.

"FSW will have us relegated"

"Townsend worst player in the world"

"Gray will bankrupt us on a 3 yr deal"

"Moshiri hates us"

"Not going the game anymore until the club appoint Howe or Potter"

We've had 2 pre season games and won both. Wait and see what happens.

James.

Think it was Joyce who said that the club has let it known that he is available

We should be fighting tooth and nail to keep him.
Ah I see. I'd resigned myself to losing him ages ago if I'm honest. While I think he's certainly the most talented, I'm not sure about 'best' as it felt like he was never available for half the year - just a different opinion guess. All that being said we would have a better side with him in it. It just feels like he was only here cos of ancelotti and if his heart isn't in it I'd rather move him on if he can't be convinced of the direction of the team.

I'll moan when its warranted and sadly with EFC over the years its very warranted.

However the amount of crying and hyperbole in recent weeks has been off the charts especially considering a ball hasn't even been kicked yet.

"FSW will have us relegated"

"Townsend worst player in the world"

"Gray will bankrupt us on a 3 yr deal"

"Moshiri hates us"

"Not going the game anymore until the club appoint Howe or Potter"

We've had 2 pre season games and won both. Wait and see what happens.
Absolutely, I had forgotten how utterly hysterical our fans can be

Ah I see. I'd resigned myself to losing him ages ago if I'm honest. While I think he's certainly the most talented, I'm not sure about 'best' as it felt like he was never available for half the year - just a different opinion guess. All that being said we would have a better side with him in it. It just feels like he was only here cos of ancelotti and if his heart isn't in it I'd rather move him on if he can't be convinced of the direction of the team.
I think everybody would agree that we didn't see enough of him in a blue shirt. But for the majority of the games he did play he was our best player in my opinion. We certainly played our best football when he was in the team and our worst when he wasn't.

I'd rather play 20 games with him firing, than none at all.

I think everybody would agree that we didn't see enough of him in a blue shirt. But for the majority of the games he did play he was our best player in my opinion. We certainly played our best football when he was in the team and our worst when he wasn't.

I'd rather play 20 games with him firing, than none at all.
Oh I don't disagree with any of your points, but I suspect he'll be off at some point sadly. Happy if I'm proved wrong and he's still producing for us though!

Absolutely, I had forgotten how utterly hysterical our fans can be
No mate.

We/they are just fans that didn't want Benitez as manager, have been underwhelmed by our transfer activity so far and further disappointed by the news that our most creative player is up for sale.

Now you and others may be happy with all that, and good for you. I wish I was too. But please don't label those who don't agree with you as hysterical.

No mate.

We/they are just fans that didn't want Benitez as manager, have been underwhelmed by our transfer activity so far and further disappointed by the news that our most creative player is up for sale.

Now you and others may be happy with all that, and good for you. I wish I was too. But please don't label those who don't agree with you as hysterical.

It is hysterical, we have not finished buying and selling players yet. If the window had closed, then yes, it would be different however, we have shifted dead wood and replaced with cheaper and better suited players, freeing up wages and cash for the better players that will come in.

I am going to laugh at a lot of posters when this window shuts

I know there are going to be some of you who are prepared to never accept him and you'll just be waiting to stick the knife in at the first opportunity

All I'll say to you is this, please don't do that. Give him a chance. 3-5 games maybe. Just let's clean the slate and let him show us what he's capable of before the match threads and this thread is full of people tearing into him

Cheers

I know there are going to be some of you who are prepared to never accept him and you'll just be waiting to stick the knife in at the first opportunity

All I'll say to you is this, please don't do that. Give him a chance. 3-5 games maybe. Just let's clean the slate and let him show us what he's capable of before the match threads and this thread is full of people tearing into him

Cheers
No way.

It is hysterical, we have not finished buying and selling players yet. If the window had closed, then yes, it would be different however, we have shifted dead wood and replaced with cheaper and better suited players, freeing up wages and cash for the better players that will come in.

I am going to laugh at a lot of posters when this window shuts
No it isn't. One or two posters are being a bit over dramatic, but believe me that when I say I feel gutted and I've never felt more distanced from the club, I really mean it. The transfer window doesn't alter the fact that you didn't want Benitez. We can't replace what James brings us whatever we do in the rest of the window, realistically. And forgive me for thinking that Townsend and Gray are not good enough for Everton, even as squad players.

And good for you for laughing at fellow Evertonians who are gutted. I'm glad you're not one of my mates.

Now that last point was a bit hysterical ;)

No it isn't. One or two posters are being a bit over dramatic, but believe me that when I say I feel gutted and I've never felt more distanced from the club, I really mean it. The transfer window doesn't alter the fact that you didn't want Benitez. We can't replace what James brings us whatever we do in the rest of the window, realistically. And forgive me for thinking that Townsend and Gray are not good enough for Everton, even as squad players.

And good for you for laughing at fellow Evertonians who are gutted. I'm glad you're not one of my mates.

Now that last point was a bit hysterical ;)
Benitez is done, I am living with it. The reaction to replacing non-starters with cheaper,better suited players has been hysterical. People acting like they are going to be first name on the team sheet. We have saved loads of money with better players with better to come. However, as every summer, posters act like the window just closed and we are getting relegated. They NEVER learn it seems.

Sorry to laugh, I am a glass half full person and these doom Sayers really wind me up, they revel in it, desperately looking for any negative element, be it a crap rumour or a back up signing to rejoice in their "we are doomed" finger wagging.

They need to wait and see before drinking the bleach

Benitez is done, I am living with it. The reaction to replacing non-starters with cheaper,better suited players has been hysterical. People acting like they are going to be first name on the team sheet. We have saved loads of money with better players with better to come. However, as every summer, posters act like the window just closed and we are getting relegated. They NEVER learn it seems.

Sorry to laugh, I am a glass half full person and these doom Sayers really wind me up, they revel in it, desperately looking for any negative element, be it a crap rumour or a back up signing to rejoice in their "we are doomed" finger wagging.

They need to wait and see before drinking the bleach
I've always been a glass half full person too. I've said a few times we only need a couple of positions filling to compete for top 4, and I've said this after Benitez joined.

I didn't want Benitez but it's happened and I'm still an Evertonian and in here blogging. I want him to succeed because I want Everton to succeed. But everything I see tells me he's going about it the wrong way. Getting rid of James for one, not being interested in the youth side, disagreeing with the DoF and now the first signings he's brought in.

You think they are better than we have in the squad. That's an opinion but doesn't make you right. My opinion is you are wrong, but that doesn't make me hysterical. I'm aware that transfer window is still open and I'd be delighted if we brought in Dumfries and McNeil, I hope both rumours are rue and I haven't given up on either. But we also need a midfielder who breaks the lines, if James goes we need somebody to replace him and although I'd be happy to keep hold of Kean, we'd need to replace him if he goes. So that's possibly 4 first team starters and a quality back up forward. I'm very happy with the new back up keeper.

Let's see what happens by the end of the window, and let's see what happens with the two squad players we've bought already (assuming Gray goes ahead) and what the situation is at Christmas. I hope you are right on both mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.