Confirmed Signing Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny ..... I recall at the time him coming on to replace Lukaku when he was shinning passes everywhere. His football ability was solid, finishing was very good

Was he the player you build teams around???? No. But he had a positive impact on the squad and was a solid option

It seems everyone feels that every player we sign needs to be marquee....... Need to get real.

The signings of Townsend, begovic and Gray are moneyball signings. Specifically identified for a couple of attributes that frankly are just not there in our squad unless you can name 2 better chalk on boots wingers in our squad?

The amount of times we had been in control of games but lacked penetration and players with enough pace to prevent the opposition fullbacks overloading us is a joke.

I don't think this will be the end of our wide players being signed so don't fret.

I’m not sure this ever, ever happened. If it did I hope I booed myself hoarse.

It's so interesting reading someone who has a very similar outlook to most things as me.. sounds like me in fact.. but with an education.. are you one of my multi's ? Great Post mate.
Naisy was a terrific player too !! He was never a 10 but by god his work rate alone made up for it. Scored a great hattrick against Chelsea then was dropped off a cliff. Good old Martinez.
Townsend has indeed been picked to do a roll (cheaply) as has Gray. Cheap, With both having huge points to prove, I'm not excited by either if I'm honest but.. like you, I see the reasoning behind the deals. If it means Iwobi and Bernard can go I won't be shedding too many tears. Money vacuums both.

Erm, no mate? He started something like the next 10 games, was crap and didn’t score again, then sold to Norwich and couldn’t get a game for them in the Championship.

Erm, no mate? He started something like the next 10 games, was crap, then sold to Norwich and couldn’t get a game for them in the Championship.
I also really appreciate @MikeH72 's opinion, it differs greatly from mine, Not sunrise per ce, more sunset but just as valid... You are of course wrong though.
Naisy was exactly the sort of player Moyes could work with, I see Benitez in the same mold.
' Drops mic...

Stumbles off stage.

No I think that person was chatting bumhole to be honest mate.
Yeah maybe - checked and can’t find anything about that. One thing signing Naismith did do is it led to Norwich inserting 50% relegation wage cut clauses into contracts as he cost them so much money lol

One thing I did read is he did his ankle when there, which might explain his form.

I have no problem with this signing. He's a decent squad player who can be relied upon to put in a shift that cost us nothing - and we need more players willing to do that IMHO. I'm genuinely puzzled at some of the negativity I'm seeing.
And equally, I'm genuinely puzzled at the number of people accepting and welcoming of him. Neither he nor Gray are decent players. Bernard and Iwobi are better players imo and neither have gone yet.

Imagine the conversation with Richy. Match my ambition and I'll stay boss. OK son here's Townsend and Gray. Great whee do I sign?

BBC reporting 80k a week. Seems likely considering there was no transfer fee.
There was no transfer fee because nobody wanted him. He was released. Like we have just done with Walcott and Besic and Niasse etc. If we're paying him that sort of money it's an absolute joke. Dom doesn't get that

Status
Not open for further replies.