2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best wishes to the lad.
Amazed that people can hate someone for not being their idea of the perfect footballer.

Strange behaviour
Very strange.
He had flashes of brilliance but wasn’t quite as good as we hoped he could be (which is why Barca sold him!). Then he had a horror injury and was even less consistent.

However he never seemed like he wasn’t doing his best, never spoke crap to the media, always got involved in charity work and fan interactions.
You’d think he was some kind of Schneiderlin rat who never tried and shied away from the ball the way some talk here - he just wasn’t that good unfortunately.

I don't know... I'd say the majority of comments I've seen since he left back mine up.

A few seem to remember him being amazing for a brief spell on loan, but if that is their definition of amazing... Well, each to their own.
Yep .. I recall at the time saying I thought he showed glimpses of what he can do while in loan but it wasn’t any Manny Fernandes style impact.. I supported the purchase in the hope he would become the player he showed glimpses he could be, but it never happened.

Even during the love in period I was a pretty vocal critic.. of him and Bernard. Never had Ill will though and I hope he finds the pace he can do well in.

Dont like reports of a poor attitude, we cant have it, especially from one of our highest earners.

Players like Lookman, Iwobi and Kean have been criticized for less and happily clapped out the door.

Get gone Gomes, for your wage you should be setting an example

Last edited:

Best wishes to the lad.
Amazed that people can hate someone for not being their idea of the perfect footballer.

Strange behaviour
I haven't seen many people say they hate him? Most have said he's an extremely poor to average footballer, but seems a really nice fella.

Anyone that genuinely hates him probably needs to see a shrink tbh.

Very strange.
He had flashes of brilliance but wasn’t quite as good as we hoped he could be (which is why Barca sold him!). Then he had a horror injury and was even less consistent.

However he never seemed like he wasn’t doing his best, never spoke crap to the media, always got involved in charity work and fan interactions.
You’d think he was some kind of Schneiderlin rat who never tried and shied away from the ball the way some talk here - he just wasn’t that good unfortunately.

Have to respectfully disagree

I haven't seen many people say they hate him? Most have said he's an extremely poor to average footballer, but seems a really nice fella.

Anyone that genuinely hates him probably needs to see a shrink tbh.

Simply not true. If you go back over the thread, a small number have said that. Most have suggested he had it in him but didn't show it often enough, and after the injury he struggled. To call him an 'extremely poor footballer' is completely disingenuous and agenda-filling.

Simply not true. If you go back over the thread, a small number have said that. Most have suggested he had it in him but didn't show it often enough, and after the injury he struggled. To call him an 'extremely poor footballer' is completely disingenuous and agenda-filling.
I don't have an agenda, I just don't see him as someone that has had any impact while he's been here. His stats back that up.

did get on for 30mins though.
Hope he does well there, thought he lost a yard of pace and confidence in tackles after the Son injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.