2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s probably had around the same amount of good games since, funnily enough.

TBF the only one that has really stuck in my mind is that 1-0 win away at Wolves when Carlo showed us all what an incredible manager he was; from memory Gomes set up the winner with a fantastic cross after coming on as sub.

Injury or not, he was getting binned this Summer regardless, he proved over a long period of time that he lacks the talent to thrive in this league.

The fella had a really tough time at Barca then came here and twisted his ankle into his anus.

Im not saying he was amazing pre-injury, I just said people overlook the mental aspect of injury.

“André Gomes' entry against OM has been catastrophic for Lille. It has not brought the northerners closer to the goal, but rather the opposite. Slow in movement, very little aggressive in pressure and playing with many touches. Very far from that version that we saw in Valencia.”

Seems they must never have watched him play for us then! Yikes! ?

Caveat emptor

Injury or not, he was getting binned this Summer regardless, he proved over a long period of time that he lacks the talent to thrive in this league.

The fella had a really tough time at Barca then came here and twisted his ankle into his anus.

Im not saying he was amazing pre-injury, I just said people overlook the mental aspect of injury.

Those pesky broken ankles, psychologically affecting players before they’ve even happened.

Those pesky broken ankles, psychologically affecting players before they’ve even happened.

I mean I admitted he wasnt amazing pre-injury Mike.

There is no hound to chase in this thread, we both agree Gomes has had VASTLY more bad games than good for us, thats not even a point to discuss.

I think he had mental health problems at Barcelona
Their fans terrorized him to the extent that Pique had to tell them to lay off him in a press conference.

I know our fans can be horrible to players at times, but Barca fans are a next level of horrible, just look at all the abuse aimed at Martin Braithwaite recently.

He's not been the same since. He was a ball carrying midfielder who was quite savvy at using his body and holding players off. Being scythed down by that rat son from behind has completely f'd him.

It's obviously had a mental affect on him, you can see that in how he carries himself around other players.He wasn't brilliant before it though.

Son never meant to see him result in a broken ankle, but it was clear as day he went to 'leave one in on him' after they came together seconds before. Son obviously saw the red mist and the most severe result happened from it. It was actually Aurier's challenge that cause the broken ankle if i remember correctly, but he had been sort of taken by surprise as a result of Son's challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.