2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. How much can we make off him?

Don't get me wrong, I sort of like him like I did Mirallas. And I admire his comeback after that injury, and think he tried, too. Just unsuited to Prem and opposition players pounce on him now cos they know he's vulnerable - must be awful for him, too.

Needs to play it out from the back in Portugal or Italy..
20M cost, 8M left on the books (unless his value has been written off), 6M salary... lets say 8M sale leaves us 6M better off... gives us room to bring in a cheaper replacement that will actually contribute something.

He’s going to be here next season, isn’t he? No way anyone will come in for him. He’s the new Cenk Tosun. I’m afraid to ask, but how much time is left on his contract?

As I'm lurching between optimism and despair (who isnt, eh?) I'm now in the mood where I imagine him to be a midfield maestro, sitting alongside a midfield 3 of Allan & Doucoure and he's pulling all the strings in the middle. Allan sits around him, fighting and scrapping and launching new moves, and Doucoure runs all over hte place, while Gomes patiently ticks along, spraying passes of all varieties around the park. The new midfield maestro. If Lampard is already one of us, he must be in his super Hopeful period now, where he thinks he can do anything, and will be imagining Gomes as a surprise new signing, Patterson & Myko as his secret weapons, and all he needs are 3 signings to launch us into Europe.

There was one match, just ONE MATCH, where the Allan-Doucoure-Gomes midfield looked really really good. Can't remember when now, early Ancelotti i think?

As I'm lurching between optimism and despair (who isnt, eh?) I'm now in the mood where I imagine him to be a midfield maestro, sitting alongside a midfield 3 of Allan & Doucoure and he's pulling all the strings in the middle. Allan sits around him, fighting and scrapping and launching new moves, and Doucoure runs all over hte place, while Gomes patiently ticks along, spraying passes of all varieties around the park. The new midfield maestro. If Lampard is already one of us, he must be in his super Hopeful period now, where he thinks he can do anything, and will be imagining Gomes as a surprise new signing, Patterson & Myko as his secret weapons, and all he needs are 3 signings to launch us into Europe.

There was one match, just ONE MATCH, where the Allan-Doucoure-Gomes midfield looked really really good. Can't remember when now, early Ancelotti i think?
Spurs away - first game of the 20/21 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.