2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get where you're coming from, but Gomes doesn't play as advanced as Sigurdsson or James. Yes his goal output is poor, we need more from him, but how many proper CM's are scoring 5-10 goals a season? The only ones doing it from open play in the league this season are Soucek and Tielemans who're both key players for their respective teams.

He's got a cutting edge pass that probably only James could better in the team. The amount of times he's set up an attack with a long ball to find Digne or someone else going forward too. Perhaps went a bit over the top by calling him one of the most influential.

Them extra goals from midfield will be the difference and I can't see either Allan or Doucoure scoring many so its got to be the third midfielder. You can't just rely on the front 3. In a 4-3-3 I reckon the front 3 need to get 50 between them midfield needs to contribute 15-20 and Defence about 10.

League games only so far forwards have contributed 26 should be 33 so they are 7 behind. Midfield has contributed 6 they should be 10-13 so they are 4-7 behind. Defence has contributed 6 which should be 7 so they are 1 behind. Gomes hasn't contributed a single goal and in some games he was the most advanced midfielder. I know its not quite that simplistic but if he hasn't got lots of goals he should have at least a fair few assists.

Gomes has been part of Benfica and Barcelona squads that challenged for and won titles. He's more than good enough to be a squad player, in fact, when he has the defensive contributions of Allan and Doucoure around him he's one of the most influential players in the team.
I could have played in that Barca team and they shifted him out pretty sharpish

Please remove this guy from the team, bypassed time and time and time again. He must have incriminating pics of Carlo to keep getting starts

He just gives the ball away so often - especially for a player whose main strength is supposed to being ‘good on the ball’. Frustrating to watch him.

He hasn't at all, passed the ball as well as any Everton player first half, leave the agenda an watch the game.

Again it isn't saying much. We have give the ball away constantly. Plus what is the use of a 5yd side pass when his defensive game is non existent leaving Allan to do all the work of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.