2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tried. But he’s not got the legs to be an effective 8 and he’s not got the creativity to be a 10. Idk what we do with the guy. Remember when he first joined? He was a joy to watch. What happened?

He wasn't atrocious but wasn't good. Not having that. Way too many times we had a break on we had 3 or 4 players in forward positions and you could see he had one thing on his mind as the ball came to him while he was free and unchallenged and it was to go backwards. He's terrified of losing the ball.

Think that injury stole a yard of pace and he wasn't quick in the first place so its had a huge impact on his game as he can't get away from anyone even with a head start. Needs to go to Spain or Italy in summer

We want a team that can go out and give the top teams a game.
Ideally we would like to build a team that can go out and match teams like City and Chelsea.

We will never manage that with Andre Gomes in the team, everything he does is too slow and ponderous.
He is a good footballer, he has a good range of passing, he can be strong on the ball... at times.
But, I look at the top teams and I just can't ever see him competing with players at the level or see us compete when we have players who play at a completely slower tempo.

I have never seen Andre Gomes sprint, I don't even know if he can.... everything is a jog, even when when we are trying to defend a quick counter attack.

He’s going to go, that’s got to be a given.

Hes just too slow, his version of a sprint is the equivalent of my Nan walking the shops and she’s in her 90s.

He was actually garbage before his injury, but he really hasn’t recovered any of his match sharpness. I just don’t know what’s happened though, because his passing has just became so weak, he under cooks them every time.

Nothinf against him, I just think we need to be moving forward and away from him nowadays.

Just no consistency good game poor game it is hard to judge what movement is going on up front from watching on tv but the amount of back passes sideways safe passing is so frustrating if he is happy to be a squad player i would keep him if not move him on

Suspect he's one of a number of players who we'll be quietly sounding out to other clubs in the summer, without being too blatant about it (along with Iwobi and Bernard). I like Andre but he takes the safe option far more than his ability requires. Technically I think he's brilliant, mentally very questionable.

9607CD1E-7905-4B01-9950-691AD3F2627B.jpeg

I think the huges amounts of goodwill towards him are finally wearing thin due to his inability to influence games against any standard of opposition. His automatic mode is to play the simple, usually negative and backwards, pass. He's got zero pace and you can bank on him picking up a card every other game if he's playing the majority of most games. No threat to the opposition goal, either. All in all, he's not worthy of a starting place at all, and for 25m and on big wages, he needs to go.

Remember when him and Gueye went to Anfield and he made the game look easy against a doped up Henderson Wijnaldum and Fabinho.

I don’t think we’ll ever see him at that level again. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.