2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought he was dreadful again tonight.

He just gives the ball away too many times for a midfielder, and unlike Doucoure or Allan doesn’t have the pace or strength to win it back. We are a poorer team with him in it in my opinion. Unfortunately not many other options in midfield so he will play plenty before the season’s out.

I don’t get what his role is. Made one tackle tonight and had one interception and it was far too easy for Hudson Odoi to get by him for their first goal, he’s far too easy to get by and bypass

He is just an absolute nothing burger.
This sums him up in most games. He has qualities, but those qualities tend to have next to no impact on the game because he doesn’t excel at any particular area and that includes the mental and physical aspect of the game.

Gomes was ponderous yet again............their midfield constantly played simple balls around him and he's just too slow to turn and challenge. Really don't want to see him in an Everton shirt again, unless as a sub with 5 minutes left when we're winning 3-0 (if only!!)

I just remember the Reece James opportunity where he just watched him have a crack instead of closing down and left his back 4 for dead. That was enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.