2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of positives from last nights win but Gomes is a concern for me. Last week it seemed like he fitted in well with the new signings and the balance looked good. This week though he delivered a performance which he has done 9/10 in his Everton career. Lethargic, zero output and very little contribution. No matter whether you’re a fan or not of Andre Gomes, you’d be a very brave man to rely on him when you need a performance. The thing is, if sigurdsson had delivered that performance, he’d be slated. But at least having gylfi on the pitch, he gives you a chance of an assist/goal. Gomes is the type of player that needs to be a 7/8 out of ten to justify his place. He very rarely is that

No offence mate, but that’s a mad one, even by your standards.

They’re two completely different types of player.

It’s time to put those banana daiquiris down.

Im not sure if this is a new low for the forum but its pretty damn revolting nontheless.

Shame on you :eek:

Its like people are already writing Gbamin off. Obviously he has a long way to come after two bad injuries but im hopeful the lad can push on as he could be a good player for us.

He wouldnt suit the "creative" midfielder role but neither does Gomes - both are more possession based players however the advantage Gbamin has is he is more box to box in terms of putting in a tackle.

Maybe Gbamin will end up competing with Doucoure rather than Gomes but regardless I think thats one of 4 positions that we could realistically upgrade in:

Gomes
Mina
Coleman
Pickford
Loads of positives from last nights win but Gomes is a concern for me. Last week it seemed like he fitted in well with the new signings and the balance looked good. This week though he delivered a performance which he has done 9/10 in his Everton career. Lethargic, zero output and very little contribution. No matter whether you’re a fan or not of Andre Gomes, you’d be a very brave man to rely on him when you need a performance. The thing is, if sigurdsson had delivered that performance, he’d be slated. But at least having gylfi on the pitch, he gives you a chance of an assist/goal. Gomes is the type of player that needs to be a 7/8 out of ten to justify his place. He very rarely is that

Gomes has 4 years on his deal Sigurdsson has 2 years.

I think were stuck with these 2 until someone comes in for Sigurdsson then we can shift James inside and sign a right sided player or we go for an upgrade on Sigurdsson/Gomes centrally.

I see them both as 90% crablike, linking play and 10% great through balls.

With Gomes hes been poor 5 out of 6 games. However this last 2 games weve seen him probably at 6/10 which, if thats his lower performance level now is adequate. If he can be 6/10 for 5/6 games and 8 or 9/10 in 1/6 games then thats 'ok'.

Its all about consistency, as long as theyre both hitting 6/10 most games with the odd great game thrown in then we wont be complaining too much.

I can see Ancelotti wanting a huge upgrade here and believe if we received a £20mil offer for Gomes or £15mil for Sigurdsson then they would be in a taxi.

Brace yourselves for 6/10 most weeks.

It's all about the midfield having balance , fortunately our World class manager sees this.

Status
Not open for further replies.