2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree so that was all Gomes' fault then ? Sorry I must have missed that to. Look mate your picking an argument, I cant be arsed with an I also cant be arsed defending our teams performance either, so I'll just leave it there.

The point was the gulf between the teams was an absolute chasm all game and didn’t widen when Gomes went off.

His tracking of runners is up there for the worst I've ever seen. I've never seen someone struggle so much and look so laboured. He must be the easiest midfielder in England to play against.
Yes. I think the biggest reason we have struggled to maintain any consistency since Moyes is our midfield just can’t show any consistency. Barry lost his already limited athleticism and McCarthy lost his swagger. We had the Schneiderlin fiasco. We finally invest heavily in our midfield (Doucore, Allan) and they maybe see five games together on the field.

While we certainly need some actual pace on the wing and RB, we need midfielders that are actually capable. We need backups in case of injuries. Gomes is just so disgustingly average and unathletic. Maybe it was the injury, maybe not but as of right now his performances are way below par. I don’t like to go after him either. I just don’t see him turning it around.

Can somebody please explain what he offers this team? From my viewpoint, it’s absolutely nothing.
He looks handsome. Let's be honest since the injury he doesn't even offer what he used to, which was maintaining possession and shielding the ball. Now he can't do that and has lost several yards so that goes with a lack of cutting edge and assists and he is another void sadly. Nice guy but not good enough.

He isn't even a 1 in 3 games anymore lucky to get 1 in 7 or 8 games out of him. Unfortunately if we want to progress as a club he has to be on the list to go.

He's woefully out of form but give him his due, he still shows for the ball and still tries to make decent passes, they are just not coming off.

....we know he’s slow & immobile, we know he’s out of the game when the opposition go past him but he is the only defensive midfielder with a range of passing ability. When that passing game is absent, he offers nothing and actually becomes a liability.

We need a DM who is great in possession and has competitive athleticism.

....we know he’s slow & immobile, we know he’s out of the game when the opposition go past him but he is the only defensive midfielder with a range of passing ability. When that passing game is absent, he offers nothing and actually becomes a liability.

We need a DM who is great in possession and has competitive athleticism.

He can’t pass though, he’s awful at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.