2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a couple of really nice balls.

Unfortunately, the cost of having him in the team outweighs this small benefit a thousand times.

I don’t remember these. I remember him hitting 4 diagonals out of play, and smacking the ball directly at an opposition midfielder about 3 times. For a midfielder his passing has to be up there with the worst in the league.

I don’t remember these. I remember him hitting 4 diagonals out of play, and smacking the ball directly at an opposition midfielder about 3 times. For a midfielder his passing has to be up there with the worst in the league.

I can remember specifically which ones I'm talking about (which is not a good thing). The left footed chip over the top to Digne for the DCL chance and a switch crossfield in the first half.

I also remember him trying several 0% balls and handing possession to them a daft number of times and also him vanishing into thin air every time they won the ball.

He's not far off completely useless to a PL team.

Can somebody please explain what he offers this team? From my viewpoint, it’s absolutely nothing.

He doesn't offer anything and that's in Ancelotti who keeps selecting him. Dreadful management to continue to select someone who doesn't show for the ball, doesn't break sweat to win it back, first instinct is to hold onto the ball too long, 2nd instinct is to pass it backwards and very rarely finds a pass that breaks the lines.

Everything I've said above we could bring an academy player in on 3k a week who would offer similar levels of nothingness

He doesn't offer anything and that's in Ancelotti who keeps selecting him. Dreadful management to continue to select someone who doesn't show for the ball, doesn't break sweat to win it back, first instinct is to hold onto the ball too long, 2nd instinct is to pass it backwards and very rarely finds a pass that breaks the lines.

Everything I've said above we could bring an academy player in on 3k a week who would offer similar levels of nothingness

Spot on.

My opinion on him is becoming more and more certain every game.

He doesnt create, he doesnt score, he doesnt make forward runs, he can't tackle, he occasionally picks a good forward pass, he is slow, he loses aerial challenges, he plays mostly square, he struggles to track midfield runs.

He cant play midfield in this league. I hate being so negative, but his skill set suits a slow paced league where his technical skills and ability on both feet can be utilised better.
Davies should bring playing in his position atm.

Gutted how he’s turned out to be honest, he was unbelievable up until Pickford lobbed one in at anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.