2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
1619960434543.png

He does try and progress the ball, people saying sideways and backwards are not watching, he's just over hitting them or giving it away. Then on the defensive side he is far too easy to ghost past. I wish he would run with the ball more but I think he is shot mentally because of son in that regard.

He does try and progress the ball, people saying sideways and backwards are not watching, he's just over hitting them or giving it away. Then on the defensive side he is far too easy to ghost past. I wish he would run with the ball more but I think he is shot mentally because of son in that regard.
I actually think he's fine enough at progressing the ball too. But when you're a defensive liability and a non-factor in the final third being average at moving the ball forward just isn't enough to make up for it. You've got to really be pushing the team upfield at that point.

I actually think he's fine enough at progressing the ball too. But when you're a defensive liability and a non-factor in the final third being average at moving the ball forward just isn't enough to make up for it. You've got to really be pushing the team upfield at that point.
I agree, with you of all people, ffs lol

I think he could do a job in a lower tempo league. He certainly isn't suitable for Premier League football though.

Carrying him. Along with iwobi its like starting with 9 men. Throw in sigurdsson who may or may not turn up. And throw in Richarlison who has been so flat. Its no surprise so many performances are lacking. Four players straight off the blocks are not cutting it is such a reflection of how much work recruiting is needed.

Carrying him. Along with iwobi its like starting with 9 men. Throw in sigurdsson who may or may not turn up. And throw in Richarlison who has been so flat. Its no surprise so many performances are lacking. Four players straight off the blocks are not cutting it is such a reflection of how much work recruiting is needed.

This in spades.

I'm sick of watching the usual players week in week out not turning up as it absolutely cripples us. Teams can just about afford to carry one or two players, but when it's 4 or 5, you simply ain't going to be winning football matches.

This season we've had long runs of poor form from Pickford, Holgate, Gomes, Iwobi, Gylfi and Richarlison.

You can carry someone like Rodriguez, knowing he'll produce 3-4 bits of magic game after game. Gomes simply doesn't warrant a start at this point and we'd have better players in the academy on 3k a week who would offer more.

He simply has to be moved on asap and replaced by someone more mobile who is more demanding of themselves on the pitch.

Very interesting chart. Seems to have some validity when you check the big names, though there are some surprises (eg: Henderson's defensive reputation coming from his aerial game). Methodology is biased towards DMs, as long-range Route One hoofs count for a lot more than Iniesta short-range through balls even though the reverse is true with respect to the scoreboard.

Keane being our leading passer by leaps and bounds, with the rest of our players at less than 50% of the league leaders, says an enormous amount about our problems.

He's not good, before his injury? Not good.
He seems a dead sound lad but he's an absolute coward on the pitch. 1 goal and 5 assists in 78 appearances is absolutely disgusting for someone with his ability, When do you ever see this lad in the box or on the edge of the box? Massively disappointing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.