2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he even on the pitch?

Only time I saw him was when he was notifying the referee in the first goal, that it came off their defender and not Richarlison leading upto the goal. But he also blocked off a WBA midfielder who was attempting to stop Richarlison, when Richarlison went on his run leading upto the second goal. Go rewatch it, it was a thing of beauty. haha

More touches and passes than Doucoure. Doing all the stuff nobody notices, keeping the midfield ticking over.
You can keep the ball moving while offering the ability to go forward when it is on. Andre is beyond regressive with his passing at times and in a game when you're up a man that isn't good. Also Carlo is doing some rather clever things to hide the fact that he is the worst deepish lying midfielder in the league out of possession.

I don't want to say he is useless, but I also think it is very straightforward to find someone who gives the team more than what he is giving at the minute. And that includes other players already in the squad.

You gotta have more than a decent beard these days, he's not even a fitty either compared to James so what is he bringing to the table?

Doing his job well. Will only get better as he learns the game of his new midfield pals. I reckon he’s back to his best after a couple more months and additional time with Allan and Doucoure.

I don't think he has been bad. Every team needs that player that brings balance, that connects the midfield, full backs , and the attacking players.

This kind of player don't shine, but they play a role. His job is to maintain control and possession, relieve pressure, and connect the midfield and fullbacks with the attack.

My issue is if we move James centrally, he can't switch to the right. Or if we switch to 4312 we will lack with on the right.

If we had the funds I would still get another midfield enforcer (Soumare) another box to box midfielder who incredibly strong and has a great range of passing. Gomes will miss games and still needs recuperation really. We would truly have a midfield to be reckoned with. Only a matter if time toll Arsenal go for Soumare though - we've been loosely linked before so hope we get in there.
We've got to remember that James and Gomes are likely to be out from time to time as per their injury records. Bernard, Iwobi et al are not fit for purpose. We still need good competition in midfield.
In the build up to West broms free kick, andre lost the ball which led to Allan giving away the foul, without the crowd noises you could hear Don Carlo screaming "Andre! Andre!!!" He's been ok like but the manager is a fan of siggy and I can see him swapping these 2 in the future.
You can keep the ball moving while offering the ability to go forward when it is on. Andre is beyond regressive with his passing at times and in a game when you're up a man that isn't good. Also Carlo is doing some rather clever things to hide the fact that he is the worst deepish lying midfielder in the league out of possession.

I don't want to say he is useless, but I also think it is very straightforward to find someone who gives the team more than what he is giving at the minute. And that includes other players already in the squad.

We'll be stuck with Gomes + Sigurdsson rotating until another team comes in for one of them. Then we can upgrade.

I agree with @Hendi that we need another player to rotate with Doucoure + Allan. If we lose either of those two our backups arent good enough.

£44mil in fees though for our 3 new players means that if we do spend more this window then great. If were able to shift out a lot of players for fees before the deadline our FFP this summer will be really good.

We'll be stuck with Gomes + Sigurdsson rotating until another team comes in for one of them. Then we can upgrade.

I agree with @Hendi that we need another player to rotate with Doucoure + Allan. If we lose either of those two our backups arent good enough.

£44mil in fees though for our 3 new players means that if we do spend more this window then great. If were able to shift out a lot of players for fees before the deadline our FFP this summer will be really good.

The realistic perm sale will be on or before 5 Oct.

The 5 Oct to 16 Oct window will only be loan deals to the Championship or any lower decision teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.