2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, really bad at times yesterday. His worst games for us are still pre-injury though. Villa away in August was one of the worst games I've seen anyone have for us, never mind Gomes.

I don't think his biggest weakness is that he's exceptionally slow (not that that isn't a real problem). I think his biggest issue is he quite clearly loses his cool regularly. Going back to the Villa game, his head fell off completely there and he lost the ability to pass the ball completely in the second half. He seems to know almost too well when he's not meeting his own standards. Looked like he was fuming by the second half yesterday, so much so that he (quite visibly) had to stop himself volleying Maddison into the Bullens after the flat ball argument.

I don't think athleticism is necessarily required but we probably need to build the team around him to compensate. Pirlo never had much of it but was always protected by runners. Think he just needs to get through these games, have a rest, pre-season and we'll see him back to his pre-injury form again.
Pirlo? Next we’ll be comparing DCL to Ronaldo.
World class players are exceptions to the rule, please don’t compare.

He gets a pass this season. But it was always in the back of my head that he wasn’t all that before the injury. I’m proper worried about our midfield at any rate.

Passing been woeful since that 1st game he come back from injury. Hope its just form and confidence as he literally has zero other attributes.

Worrying as he may be yet another big signing that is ruined by a bad injury

Status
Not open for further replies.