2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, amazing, verdict straight away, whereas top 6 teams seem to be getting away with everything. Like i said, grow some balls everton and stop accepting the double standards otherwise we'll always be messed around.

If the powers that be deem it violent conduct then fair enough but it´s the double standards that I can´t have. If Liverpool had won that penalty over the Salah dive yesterday, does anyone think they´d be giving him a ban? Of course they wouldn´t.

Not bothered about him being banned as this was going to happen sooner or later imo. He seems to get quite frustrated quite quickly when things are not going his way and has lunged in a few times during games and it was just a stupid challenge at the end of the day. Im more concerned about the fact it's now 3 important games we go into with either Morgan or noodlehead in there now next to Gana.

Salah was Champions League, so it's a different jurisdiction and if another player did what Gomes did to one of our lads we'd be screaming.

The point about Salah though is still relevant to this discussion however as with VAR coming in next season, you do wonder how these issues will be tackled. In that Porto match, the VAR crew looked at that incident and didn't make anything of it, despite the fact it was a stone wall red card.

You do wonder wonder what VAR would have done to Gomes in that game, we have already discovered this season that the diving laws that got Niasse banned dont apply to the RS so will that be the case for official VAR review?

Knowing them, probably.

Salah was Champions League, so it's a different jurisdiction and if another player did what Gomes did to one of our lads we'd be screaming.

The point about Salah though is still relevant to this discussion however as with VAR coming in next season, you do wonder how these issues will be tackled. In that Porto match, the VAR crew looked at that incident and didn't make anything of it, despite the fact it was a stone wall red card.

You do wonder wonder what VAR would have done to Gomes in that game, we have already discovered this season that the diving laws that got Niasse banned dont apply to the RS so will that be the case for official VAR review?

Knowing them, probably.

....I think the interpretation of laws will change following the introduction of VAR. Penalties for handball, for example, will become more plentiful as many that were not given will be in future. It will take time for the definitions to bed in, but ultimately I expect it to be a more level playing field.

....I think the interpretation of laws will change following the introduction of VAR. Penalties for handball, for example, will become more plentiful as many that were not given will be in future. It will take time for the definitions to bed in, but ultimately I expect it to be a more level playing field.

I don’t.

VAR let Salah nearly break some lads leg last Tuesday.

Let's hope so, I wonder if retrospective action such as this will still be applicable once VAR comes into effect. If the referee and VAR determine that no action is needed (as like what happened with Salah) but the FA feels there is a case to be answered, I wonder if they will look at that next season.

I wouldn't have thought so surely, they're basically giving themselves three chances to make a decision if that is the case which is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.