2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could of signed at any time during his loan before the window opened.
Obviously assessing his best options and will join the best team available.

We are paying him until 30 june, so gomes or barca aren't In any rush to sell

....that would be news to me that he could’ve signed during his loan spell.

I dare say player, agent and Barcelona have been sounded out and discussions will have ramped up now the season is over, but it’s my understanding that nothing can happen until July. I can’t see Barcelona wanting to discuss the situation until the season was over.

HAMMERS' GOMES BID REJECTED

West Ham
have had an £18m bid for midfielder Andre Gomes rejected by Barcelona, Sky Sports News understands.

The Portugal international impressed last season on loan Everton, where he made 29 appearances, and Barcelona are keen to offload him, but are demanding a fee between £25m and £35m.

Sky Sports News understands West Ham will do their utmost in their attempts to bring Gomes to the London Stadium.

You’ve gone away from your initial argument. I agree that the Everton side that finished 8th this season is better than the one that finished 8th last season. It’s a different league though - no teams are the same.

The point is that we deserved to finish 8th last season, just like we deserved to this season. Leicester deserved to win the league when they did and West Ham deserved to finished where they did this season. Saying a team was lucky to get the points total they did doesn’t cut it for me.
Apart from the RS I think they where lucky with their diving and dubious decisions,

HAMMERS' GOMES BID REJECTED

West Ham
have had an £18m bid for midfielder Andre Gomes rejected by Barcelona, Sky Sports News understands.

The Portugal international impressed last season on loan Everton, where he made 29 appearances, and Barcelona are keen to offload him, but are demanding a fee between £25m and £35m.

Sky Sports News understands West Ham will do their utmost in their attempts to bring Gomes to the London Stadium.
Just negotiating tactics from Barca, me thinks. Others are interested, set the expectations around price, etc.

I'd imagine everything is agreed with us, except for the fee. Barca just giving us a kick up the arse to get it done.

Hold the pants wetting lads, it's getting a bit rattled in here because of one rejected bid and your heads are falling off. If we get him, great - we've got a good player who can settle instantly and has a season of experience in England already. If we don't get him we know we've got alternative players to target

Just a reminder our DOF enjoys playing hardball with transfers to avoid getting mugged off

If we really want him, we'll get him imo. Think he's looking to add stability to his career and life after his Barca nightmare. Found that here last season and moving to another 'new' club will see him trying to adapt again. Also don't think the wages will be an issue, as it seems we are prepared to pay big wages, if the right player becomes available.

Luckily Brands seems to have a totally different view as to what the right player means compared to Walsh.

Last edited:
Similar situation to making Arteta loan a permanent back in 2005. Even with a fee in place that took ages to be finally sealed, and other clubs were interested.

There is no rush during off season.

If the player, agent and clubs have an agreement in place, the deal will go through.

I expect it will happen.

Hold the pants wetting lads, it's getting a bit rattled in here because of one rejected bid and your heads are falling off. If we get him, great - we've got a good player who can settle instantly and has a season of experience in England already. If we don't get him we know we've got alternative players to target

Just a reminder our DOF enjoys playing hardball with transfers to avoid getting mugged off
Can we really trust Brands to sign someone as sexy as André?

Yep,think we have it agreed,hes gone on his hols and will come back and sign it,its just another day to wind some Everton fans up today lol,gomes to west ham,some moaning about newcastle's takeover,people moaning about welbeck been linked and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.