2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only finished 2 points behind us. Higher wages and the London pull would push us down to 3rd choice.

1) west ham wont offer higher wages than us
2) 2 points or 20 points doesn't matter the gap is huge as seen in the last game
3) Gomes will not even remotely consider west ham. If he swerves us itll be for a team in the champions league certainly not them

They only finished 2 points behind us. Higher wages and the London pull would push us down to 3rd choice.
They were rather fortunate to amass that points total methinks. Like any other mid table club, with the right moves they could get better, but they've got a lot more issues than Everton have.

They were rather fortunate to amass that points total methinks. Like any other mid table club, with the right moves they could get better, but they've got a lot more issues than Everton have.

The league table doesn’t lie. Saying a team has been fortunate to get a certain points total isn’t dissimilar to Liverpool fans saying they deserved to win the league. You get what you deserve in this league.

1) west ham wont offer higher wages than us
2) 2 points or 20 points doesn't matter the gap is huge as seen in the last game
3) Gomes will not even remotely consider west ham. If he swerves us itll be for a team in the champions league certainly not them

If it came down to us and West Ham whoever offered the best deal would be the ones to get him.

We would have an advantage of him spending a season on loan with us but his agent and manager will be pushing for the best deal for their client and themselves. These days us and West Ham would come under the same bracket in the eyes of foreign players and agents.

The league table doesn’t lie. Saying a team has been fortunate to get a certain points total isn’t dissimilar to Liverpool fans saying they deserved to win the league. You get what you deserve in this league.
Points are a stat like everything else. None are perfect. We were 8th the last two years. However, if you think those teams were even remotely comparable, you'd be very wrong.

Points are a stat like everything else. None are perfect. We were 8th the last two years. However, if you think those teams were even remotely comparable, you'd be very wrong.

That’s just like saying Leicester were lucky when they won the league. They didn’t have the best team on paper when compared to others but they finished where they did on merit.

The league table doesn’t lie.

They’ve already got Mark Nolan.

See Merson compared him to Pirlo on soccer Saturday towards the end of the season.... I think that’s what he said anyway....

Once Gomes is done curing the sick, healing the lame, making the blind see and turning water in to wine he will make his decision.

I’m confident we’ll get what we need this summer, we have the right people dealing with it.

Stand fast lads, news is slow at the minute and we don’t want to be turning on each other.

That’s just like saying Leicester were lucky when they won the league. They didn’t have the best team on paper when compared to others but they finished where they did on merit.

The league table doesn’t lie.
It's not the same thing. When one team has the ball, creates way more chances, gives up much fewer chances, even the goal differential is like 22 goals apart. Both teams finished 8th. One was MUCH better than the other.

Luck does happen. It just does. Even over 38 games.

It's not the same thing. When one team has the ball, creates way more chances, gives up much fewer chances, even the goal differential is like 22 goals apart. Both teams finished 8th. One was MUCH better than the other.

Luck does happen. It just does. Even over 38 games.

You’ve gone away from your initial argument. I agree that the Everton side that finished 8th this season is better than the one that finished 8th last season. It’s a different league though - no teams are the same.

The point is that we deserved to finish 8th last season, just like we deserved to this season. Leicester deserved to win the league when they did and West Ham deserved to finished where they did this season. Saying a team was lucky to get the points total they did doesn’t cut it for me.

....suspect nothing official can be done/announced until the Spanish transfer window opens on 2nd July. I very much doubt anything will be confirmed until after then.
He could of signed at any time during his loan before the window opened.
Obviously assessing his best options and will join the best team available.

We are paying him until 30 june, so gomes or barca aren't In any rush to sell

If you go to West Ham under their current regime it says a lot about you as a person. I just can’t see Gomes going there. Spurs, I can see the attraction (but even then there’s a question of whether the CL final will be a local peak and they’ll fall back to ~6th if they have some disintegration of the current setup).

My gut instinct is that he’ll go to Italy if the chance arises.

If it came down to us and West Ham whoever offered the best deal would be the ones to get him.

We would have an advantage of him spending a season on loan with us but his agent and manager will be pushing for the best deal for their client and themselves. These days us and West Ham would come under the same bracket in the eyes of foreign players and agents.

West Ham wouldn’t offer him more than us like.

Status
Not open for further replies.