2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at his best hes great...but his best seems to have been in half a dozen games.

Its bizarre how hes dropped off performance wise and to earn a move id like to see more from him.

We do lack the midfield balance and physical presence next to him...

Cant see many others bidding for him...id hope £15-18mil.

I just think an in form and confident Andre Gomes is a gamble worth taking, if we can put an arm around him and show him he's loved, add a few quality additions for him and we have a player. That's the difference for me, normally I'd say jog on after his average recent displays but we know for an fact the guy has another level that our other players don't and I'd love us to be able to unlock it consistently.

The price is the clincher, I do think in the current market he's worth over £25m though.

Jorge Mendes will look at his options at the end of the season and see who he can get a bigger agent fee off and that's will wear his client will go next.

You sign a Mendes player that's his modus operandi.

Going to wolves as neves replacement ... I literally pulled that out of my back side but I reckon it will happen

It’s worth a fiver

On a 3-0 Liverpool win

Still small odds , that involves us

A) scoring
B) keeping a clean sheet
C) winning

None of which will happen imo

Law of averages says we should get something hit Satan doesn’t acknowledge law of averages

I just think an in form and confident Andre Gomes is a gamble worth taking, if we can put an arm around him and show him he's loved, add a few quality additions for him and we have a player. That's the difference for me, normally I'd say jog on after his average recent displays but we know for an fact the guy has another level that our other players don't and I'd love us to be able to unlock it consistently.

The price is the clincher, I do think in the current market he's worth over £25m though.

Id never pay £25mil based upon his consistency...hes got the rest of the season to earn the move imo

Going to wolves as neves replacement ... I literally pulled that out of my back side but I reckon it will happen

Neves is light years ahead of Gomes...

Id never pay £25mil based upon his consistency...hes got the rest of the season to earn the move imo

That has no barring on gomes being his replacement . We sold stones and replaced him with a worse player as we can’t attract top ones.and is neves light years ahead of gomes? Because he’s younger?

That has no barring on gomes being his replacement . We sold stones and replaced him with a worse player as we can’t attract top ones.and is neves light years ahead of gomes? Because he’s younger?

How does saying a player is 'light years' ahead of a massively inconsistent player unwanted at his former club and who has been another Schneiderlin for us equate to age?

Neves is a consistent 7/10 player and pops up with the odd wondergoal. He is everything were missing at either DM or CM. Id replace Gana with him in a heartbeat and play 2 monsters in CM ahead of him.

Wed start seeing alot more from the team with a quality passer there.

You wont get Neves for £25 mil Zat.
Wolves paid £18 mil 3 yrs ago when he was 18 years old.
Trick is getting them before they make the grade....but then againwe have tried that and often doesnt work.
We are at the stage where we need players like Gomes (who i rate btw) right now , talents for the future will come later especially under Brands.

If Gomes’S issue is due to tiredness then hopefully his break from playing has given him a boost. We play well when he plays well. In the last derby he ran the midfield so let’s hope he’s back to his best.

How does saying a player is 'light years' ahead of a massively inconsistent player unwanted at his former club and who has been another Schneiderlin for us equate to age?

Neves is a consistent 7/10 player and pops up with the odd wondergoal. He is everything were missing at either DM or CM. Id replace Gana with him in a heartbeat and play 2 monsters in CM ahead of him.

Wed start seeing alot more from the team with a quality passer there.

Unwanted at his former club? Sounds bad until you realise it’s the best team on the planet

You wont get Neves for £25 mil Zat.
Wolves paid £18 mil 3 yrs ago when he was 18 years old.
Trick is getting them before they make the grade....but then againwe have tried that and often doesnt work.
We are at the stage where we need players like Gomes (who i rate btw) right now , talents for the future will come later especially under Brands.

Gomes £25mil not Neves

Unwanted at his former club? Sounds bad until you realise it’s the best team on the planet

Hence the low fee...shouldnt be much higher than £15-18mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.