2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt pay the fee Barca wanted. As technically good and classy as he is, we cant have players who are not mentally strong and wilt at the first sign of trouble. We already have too many as it is

I liked him when he started,, however if we look back and evaluate his contribution then it's pretty poor, midfielders need to create and score. Maybe he's style over substance!!!!!

I liked him when he started,, however if we look back and evaluate his contribution then it's pretty poor, midfielders need to create and score. Maybe he's style over substance!!!!!
he's definitely a player but it's hard to do stuff when he's surrounded by utter dross, I think we've knackered him out and he's just been done for ever since Christmas.
I'd 100% sign but not for too much.

he's definitely a player but it's hard to do stuff when he's surrounded by utter dross, I think we've knackered him out and he's just been done for ever since Christmas.
I'd 100% sign but not for too much.

The problem we have is that you see a lot of players getting the they're surrounded by dross excuse wheeled out for them. I agree that we should sign him if the fee is low enough. I'd haggle for around £20m.

The problem we have is that you see a lot of players getting the they're surrounded by dross excuse wheeled out for them. I agree that we should sign him if the fee is low enough. I'd haggle for around £20m.
I think it's fair use for Gomes, He's such a silky player and has a footballing brain but we've clearly overworked him, I think I heard/read he didn't have a preseason or something??? and then he's playing that stupid christmas fixture list where somehow Everton and Spurs had it the worst.

Id offer £15mil then £18mil and finally £20mil take it or leave it.

To be honest I think he needs to show a lot more and these 17 days off will give him no excuses about fatigue or suchlike.

It will be interesting if the Gomes we saw in his first few games (class) or the last few (meh) turns up against Cardiff and the RS.

Certainly think we could get him cheaply.

Hes an outstanding talent, of course his form has dipped a little, we are utter pants, when we are less pants, a player like him will shine.

Hes also very much a confidence player, he cant have any confidence currently, cos we are PANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.