2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd 100% still make him a top target, he is comfortably the best footballer at the club, he has been dragged down to the teams level, he looks better in a flat 3 but as many have said, not great movement ahead of him.

Class baller and seems a great guy as well.

I know he is quality mate that's why I never said I wouldn't sign him but I am alarmed how his form has fallen of a cliff recently. I would expect a player of his quality would still be playing pretty decent even of the team was struggling. We can't afford to have players who don't turn up when it might get tough.
In fairness Mozza, he came to us at a time when his confidence had been destroyed at Barca, imagine what it has done to him hearing all the moans and groans at the teams perfornances, it must be giving the lad flashbacks. He has done enough for me to think we could build a team around him, show him the love, and he will flourish for us! :)

When the going gets tough he should get going, he doesn't
Yeah he 'looks' elegant, needs more space and time than is available in the Prem...he may adapt, but its a gamble and it could be another costly exercise in the sort of deadwood we are struggling to get rid of now

Yeah he 'looks' elegant, needs more space and time than is available in the Prem...he may adapt, but its a gamble and it could be another costly exercise in the sort of deadwood we are struggling to get rid of now

Was the best player on the pitch against the RS and doesn't hide.

To me he should be bought, then you build a team around him. Not had a midfielder like him since Arteta. He's a must.

His mentality (and injury record) is the concern.

When on it, he's a level above every player in our side though...

I think that is slightly unfair.

In a tough game v the RS he ran the midfield and last week in the debacle v Wolves he was the only midfielder wanting the ball and trying to drive us forward.

Think the downturn in the form of Gomes & Richarlison is a big factor in the current run of poor form. Guess the question is why is it off & can they get it back.

No doubt he'll sign for Wolves in the summer and he gets his confidence back playing under a good coach. They will go on to maintain top 7 next season whilst we lumber around with super Tom Davies in the midfield and be bottom half under Silva.

Moshiri is ruining this club with his deicison making.

Status
Not open for further replies.