2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undoubted skills but too slow for the premiership. Another player who has dropped off of late. He has the excuse of no pre season though.

Very tough decision whether to buy, especially if we are too believe money is tight.

I don't think he's slow. He's not rapid but he gets round the pitch.

That goal he scored against Wolves he started on the half way line and danced past a few defenders.

He's also covered the most distance for us and is 3rd in the league overall.

Where did I say I wouldn't sign him? I am just more unsure as he hasn't played well recently and it depends how much they are going to want. He has been a shadow of the player we saw when he first came in the side.
You shouldn't be even thinking about the lad is quality, we payed 45m for the stats man.He also needs people playing up front who actually move.

You shouldn't be even thinking about the lad is quality, we payed 45m for the stats man.He also needs people playing up front who actually move.
I know he is quality mate that's why I never said I wouldn't sign him but I am alarmed how his form has fallen of a cliff recently. I would expect a player of his quality would still be playing pretty decent even of the team was struggling. We can't afford to have players who don't turn up when it might get tough.

I know he is quality mate that's why I never said I wouldn't sign him but I am alarmed how his form has fallen of a cliff recently. I would expect a player of his quality would still be playing pretty decent even of the team was struggling. We can't afford to have players who don't turn up when it might get tough.
What like most of them for the last two months?

You're clearly not seeing my point mate. I know they have all been pretty much awful. My point is I would expect a top player to still be decent in tough times and he has been poor like the rest of them which worries me.
He is the best footballer we have had here for a long while and as I said if had quality up front he would look even better, but yet some of are fans are wondering should we should sign him, yet cream their Keck's when Niasse was coming on as a substitute.Yes his last couple of games have not been that good,maybe that's because of lack of game time before he came here I'm not sure, but I do think he is a great player.

He is the best footballer we have had here for a long while and as I said if had quality up front he would look even better, but yet some of are fans are wondering should we should sign him, yet cream their Keck's when Niasse was coming on as a substitute.Yes his last couple of games have not been that good,maybe that's because of lack of game time before he came here I'm not sure, but I do think he is a great player.

Last 'couple of games'...2months ?

its normal to have doubts about signing him...if he is available.

We've seen his quality for a short time this season but the bigger picture is 2 and a half seasons where he has been mostly very poor. I've seen close to every game he has played in that time

no guarantees you'd get that quality to shine on a regular enough basis and id understand if theyd think twice if the fee is very high.

i think he is the sort of player that every fan would love though if he came on a permanent and turned it on right through the season.....which would be a rarity as theres never a common consensus on our players

Status
Not open for further replies.