American Blues NBC Coverage Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still on DirecTV so I'm guessing they will now block the Extra Time channels (491-495) unless I pay the $50. I assume those channels will still carry the games.

I remember I used to pay $25 a month just to watch delayed replays of games on Fox Sports. $50 for a full season doesn't seem too bad. Not when MLB is like $250 and NFL is almost $400.

I'm not sure how this affects the streaming service. I didn't use it a lot the past few years. Cutting the cord only works for me if I have a reliable way to watch all the games online. Not sure if that's true at this point. It would be nice to get rid of DirecTV. My bills are massive.

I'm assuming the $50 essentially replaces Live Extra, which is all games that aren't otherwise on TV. And I can still stream these on my ipad or iphone for that $50. Amortised over the course of a season this is $5/month. A no - brainer.

These days, 99% of cable TV is absolute garbage. A lot of people only subscribe for the few live channels they can't get elsewhere, like NBCSN etc. For everything else there's plenty of better (cheaper) options like Netflix, Amazon, Google/You Tube etc. The trend is clear, and the likes of NBC are going to end up moving their focus to internet subscriptions. This is just the beginning, so all those that want to cut the cord only need to wait, because I believe, in the near future, the cord will be cut for you.

Honestly, all I remember is FS1's terrible Euro coverage.

Which is reminding me I can't drop my DirecTV just yet...
I'd suggest fox soccer matchpass. I have had a subscription to this service even when they still carried the prem league games, btw they did things ten times better than NBC other than half time analysis stuff and recap.

They allow you to stream live or watch on demand every single Champions league game and Europa league games. As an added bonus because fox has rights to the Bundesliga too you can do the same with every game of that league.

Status
Not open for further replies.