2023/24 Amadou Onana

Im not here to start the Onana good/bad debate I was genuinely interested in what the stats posted were meant to show as its not something I place much store in. I just think you can use the stats in different ways to make your point one way or another and thats why they are flawed. They are just numbers and give no context so I will stick to what I see in the flesh week in week out in terms of rating players.

You can see he plays in a 2 with Gana or Garner. This means hes not playing as a DM.

Looking at the defensive stats above, they are very high compared to the majority of the others in the league.

He typically excels at winning the ball and then passes it. Hes not going to dribble with it up the pitch or play Paul Scholes passes or score like Lampard...

...he should be used to suit his strengths, which are:

Tackles
Aerial duels
Ground duels
Interceptions
Ball recoveries

All being defensive stats. They are very, very high.

Long passes, forward passes and suchlike attacking stats are not high.

So he is a DM anchor midfielder. Being used as a CM player incorrectly.

Should be him as DM + 2 CM in front of him...its not happened.

You can see he plays in a 2 with Gana or Garner. This means hes not playing as a DM.

Looking at the defensive stats above, they are very high compared to the majority of the others in the league.

He typically excels at winning the ball and then passes it. Hes not going to dribble with it up the pitch or play Paul Scholes passes or score like Lampard...

Tackles
Aerial duels
Ground duels
Interceptions
Ball recoveries

Ta for trying to explain the stats. We disagree on Onana and its pointless getting into that only time will tell how good he is.

Tackles
Aerial duels
Ground duels
Interceptions
Ball recoveries

….not sure what all of this means. Reid/Bracewell & Harvey/Kendall were partnerships in midfield. One didn’t play behind the other, they hunted in packs. Neither hardly got into the top third (look at their scoring records), the creativity largely came in wide areas or support strikers. They were CMs.

….not sure what all of this means. Reid/Bracewell & Harvey/Kendall were partnerships in midfield. One didn’t play behind the other, they hunted in packs. Neither hardly got into the top third, the creativity largely came in wide areas or support strikers. They were CMs.
Yeah and those pairs both played only up to 2 years ago and football hasn't changed since, right?

Would say hes going to be either a defensive midfielder, centre midfilder, box to box midfielder or whatever you are having yourself for a Bayern or the like very shortly.