2023/24 Amadou Onana

Are you talking about a one off match, among a collection of dire performances, from 9 months ago?

Huh?
I was replying to a post that was quoting him not being on the pitch for the first half on Saturday as proof he made a big difference when he came on in the second half, which I found laughable to be honest, not sure who made that point!!

I was replying to a post that was quoting him not being on the pitch for the first half on Saturday as proof he made a big difference when he came on in the second half, which I found laughable to be honest, not sure who made that point!!
You don't think we were miles better in the second half mate?

Really?

Our midfield couldn't string one pass together let alone two on Saturday in the first half

You don't think we were miles better in the second half mate?

Really?

Our midfield couldn't string one pass together let alone two on Saturday in the first half
We were better, miles better? Are you having a laugh? And you’re putting that down to the presence of Onana, that’s a bigger laugh. Give me one instance where he really stood out in that second half, in a good way. He stood out by standing still and marking nobody and just two feet away from Dunk who scored the equaliser.

We were better, miles better? Are you having a laugh? And you’re putting that down to the presence of Onana, that’s a bigger laugh. Give me one instance where he really stood out in that second half, in a good way. He stood out by standing still and marking nobody and just two feet away from Dunk who scored the equaliser.
He wasn't marking dunk, that clearly wasnt his set task from the set piece. He stood as soon as he came on with a big slide tackle to win the ball in the oppos half, I'm not going to watch it back as anyone with half a clue can see he improved us in the last two games. Your campaign here makes you look very weird.

He wasn't marking dunk, that clearly wasnt his set task from the set piece. He stood as soon as he came on with a big slide tackle to win the ball in the oppos half, I'm not going to watch it back as anyone with half a clue can see he improved us in the last two games. Your campaign here makes you look very weird.
What was his set task? He was two feet away from Dunk stood and watched marking nobody. He stood as soon as he came on with a big sliding tackle?I take it you mean he started with a big sliding tackle and you think that was something outstanding? And you think I’m weird!! The campaign is in your head not mine. All I want to see is every player pulling his weight, most of them do, Onana doesn’t. His goal helped us gain a point v Crystal Palace I saw that just as I saw the mistake, as soon as he came on to give the ball to a Palace player who provided the pass for Palace to open the score —————-but because he had just come on I gave him a walkover for that.

What was his set task? He was two feet away from Dunk stood and watched marking nobody. He stood as soon as he came on with a big sliding tackle?I take it you mean he started with a big sliding tackle and you think that was something outstanding? And you think I’m weird!! The campaign is in your head not mine. All I want to see is every player pulling his weight, most of them do, Onana doesn’t. His goal helped us gain a point v Crystal Palace I saw that just as I saw the mistake, as soon as he came on to give the ball to a Palace player who provided the pass for Palace to open the score —————-but because he had just come on I gave him a walkover for that.
You said something that stood out, not something outstanding, if you alter the goalposts it only weakens your argument and makes you look even more deranged. The slide tackle stood out as no other player we have could have made it, it required his size and athletism, something he uses every game.

He is pulling his weight, you have been proved quantifiably wrong on this along with your other odd rantings about making more poor passes than good ones and losing more duels than he wins, you chose to rant about stats while clearly not understanding how statistics function in the world.

Blaming him for both goals and refusing to admit he improved the side in both games he game on is pretty laughable, you refuse to acknowledge facts, get very angry that others like the lad and just seem to down conspiracy theory style rants on a football player. I'll leave it there as its quite clearly personal for you and as I said, comes across as very very weird.

You said something that stood out, not something outstanding, if you alter the goalposts it only weakens your argument and makes you look even more deranged. The slide tackle stood out as no other player we have could have made it, it required his size and athletism, something he uses every game.

He is pulling his weight, you have been proved quantifiably wrong on this along with your other odd rantings about making more poor passes than good ones and losing more duels than he wins, you chose to rant about stats while clearly not understanding how statistics function in the world.

Blaming him for both goals and refusing to admit he improved the side in both games he game on is pretty laughable, you refuse to acknowledge facts, get very angry that others like the lad and just seem to down conspiracy theory style rants on a football player. I'll leave it there as its quite clearly personal for you and as I said, comes across as very very weird.
You’re splitting hairs there, stood out / outstanding are basically the same thing. Your second paragraph that I have been proved wrong? By who? Fans who like Onana, Rant about stats, dismiss them as being able to prove anything is what a good percentage of people do. Blaming him for both goals? I praised him for scoring his goal!! Refusing to admit he he improved the team in both games, I don’t think he did so why would I say he did? Get very angry that others like the lad? That’s their prerogative, I’m not angry just surprised. Just seem to down conspiracy theory style rants on a football player? What does that even mean? I’m glad you’re leaving it there looks like your blood pressure is about to boil over to me or maybe that sounds like a rant to you.

You’re splitting hairs there, stood out / outstanding are basically the same thing. Your second paragraph that I have been proved wrong? By who? Fans who like Onana, Rant about stats, dismiss them as being able to prove anything is what a good percentage of people do. Blaming him for both goals? I praised him for scoring his goal!! Refusing to admit he he improved the team in both games, I don’t think he did so why would I say he did? Get very angry that others like the lad? That’s their prerogative, I’m not angry just surprised. Just seem to down conspiracy theory style rants on a football player? What does that even mean? I’m glad you’re leaving it there looks like your blood pressure is about to boil over to me or maybe that sounds like a rant to you.

It sounds like you prefer players who run around alot and not those with footballing intelligence.

Cool.

It sounds like you prefer players who run around alot and not those with footballing intelligence.

Cool.
I like players who, if possible, do both, I think those with skill are better to watch but they need the hard working players to win the ball and give it to them to use it, one of my favourite modern players is Foden who combines both, as does De Bruyne. Colin Harvey, who I think was before your time, had both these attributes and although he didn’t score many goals was an excellent player. My favourite all time player was Alfredo Di Stefano who played for three international countries as well as Barcelona and Real Madrid.

When Onana starts using his obvious football intelligence, a lot more. I will appreciate him as well.

I like players who, if possible, do both, I think those with skill are better to watch but they need the hard working players to win the ball and give it to them to use it, one of my favourite modern players is Foden who combines both, as does De Bruyne. Colin Harvey, who I think was before your time, had both these attributes and although he didn’t score many goals was an excellent player. My favourite all time player was Alfredo Di Stefano who played for three international countries as well as Barcelona and Real Madrid.

When Onana starts using his obvious football intelligence, a lot more. I will appreciate him as well.

Its a shame you didnt mention Messi or Busquets.

Because Messi advises to "walk more" which I im sure Busquets did, while also positioning was a key to his game.

Great to see players charging around and all action...but that doesnt make them superior. Onana has his game which is why top sides want him for big money.