2023/24 Amadou Onana

Its a shame you didnt mention Messi or Busquets.

Because Messi advises to "walk more" which I im sure Busquets did, while also positioning was a key to his game.

Great to see players charging around and all action...but that doesnt make them superior. Onana has his game which is why top sides want him for big money.
Well he’s brilliant at walking I’ll give you that! He will definitely go, let’s see how much profit we make, we still owe most of the fee we agreed to pay, the team he came from are due a certain percentage from the profit we make, so whatever it is I hope Everton get to spend it, If it’s 777 in charge I wouldn’t be hopeful of any of it getting spent on recruitments.

Our best midfield is Onana alongside Garner I think. They complement eachother well and are both very accomplished on the ball, which I like. We always have a chance of controlled retention of possession with them in the side, which makes a big difference to our tempo.

Gueye is alright like, but has a tendency to vacate his position to go in search of the press which often leaves us open, and he is much less controlled on the ball. Perhaps Gueye is a better option when we are trying to win the ball high, but Onana gives us more time in control of the game.

Hope he starts as his presence benefits garner as he can actually play the ball and still get stuck in although Gana has scored a goal this season his woeful shots usually end up in the stratosphere

Hope he starts as his presence benefits garner as he can actually play the ball and still get stuck in although Gana has scored a goal this season his woeful shots usually end up in the stratosphere
He's easily the most comfortable player on the ball as well, He's playing a role for the manager at the moment and he's doing it very well, sometimes it can look like he's taking the easy option but thats 100% the managers instructions. One of the first things I remember hearing from Dyche when he joined was that he wants Onana to be more like Steven Defour, I think he even set up a meeting between the 2.