2023/24 Amadou Onana

Good player but people don’t half overrate him on here

I don't think they do.

People just see the ceiling he has. This lad had never even set foot inside a professional club as a player until 2020, and he's already a Premier League standard player. A 6 foot 5, athletic, technically gifted, Premier League player who loves a tackle.

His potential is enormous. He's exactly the type of player most of our fan base wanted us to start signing. Seems a lot of them can't handle or accept that inexperienced players might make mistakes though. I look forward to them changing their viewpoints, and demanding we only sign the likes of Delph and Schneiderlin from now on.

Last edited:
One of our best players. I see he's getting the usual abuse.

The best comments typically, "lets sell". Of course for an enormous profit because he's 'terrible'.

I cant tell if they're a special type of dumb or something less savoury.

Enjoy being alone at Christmas...rats.
less savoury ? didn’t you say you agree with what israel where doing ?

One of our best players. I see he's getting the usual abuse.

The best comments typically, "lets sell". Of course for an enormous profit because he's 'terrible'.

I cant tell if they're a special type of dumb or something less savoury.

Enjoy being alone at Christmas...rats.
Ha ha.
I actually think he is a good player, I am also think if our situation was better financially I we would keep him.
I do think that I would sell him for anything upwards of 50m.
Reason being is that although I think he is a good player, I don’t think he is a spectacular player. I don’t think he is a match winner. And wait for it… Doucoure is actually more important to the team.
He is a good player that I would like to keep, but if was the choice between selling and having 10pts docked I know what I’d choose

Seen a lot of links to Barcelona over the past 24hrs. Whether it's genuine or an agent trying to create a positive story for his client after Tuesday night, I'm not sure.
One thing's for certain, Barcelona are probably the worst club we'd want to get involved with, transfer wise. In a worse state than we are off the pitch!!

Seen a lot of links to Barcelona over the past 24hrs. Whether it's genuine or an agent trying to create a positive story for his client after Tuesday night, I'm not sure.
One thing's for certain, Barcelona are probably the worst club we'd want to get involved with, transfer wise. In a worse state than we are off the pitch!!

Barcelona can't spend 50p without needing to get it signed off by the league. They ain't spending £50m+ on Onana.

Ha ha.
I actually think he is a good player, I am also think if our situation was better financially I we would keep him.
I do think that I would sell him for anything upwards of 50m.
Reason being is that although I think he is a good player, I don’t think he is a spectacular player. I don’t think he is a match winner. And wait for it… Doucoure is actually more important to the team.
He is a good player that I would like to keep, but if was the choice between selling and having 10pts docked I know what I’d choose
Doucoure maybe be more important right now. But long term to improve as a team and actually move up the table and look to challenge the European places, you need more Onana’s and less doucoure’s

And look what the 2 Chelsea midfielders went for 100mil plus and both look good players but nothing spectacular. Should be a lot more than 50mil if that’s the going rate

The hate in here is genuinely disturbing, folk talking like they've met him and he has personally wronged them. Then beyond that there is a group of really poor quality posters who have targeted him for a while. They've had to stay quiet due to his form but now they are reveling in a mistake and its the common accusations to an obvious target to them. Lazy, arrogant, too big for his boots.

Pathetic.
See it with nrl fans here that don't like it when the polynesian players dare open their mouths about something. Suddenly they're "cocky" or "arrogant".
It doesn’t seem to matter how talented they are, there will always be a section of the fan base trying to find any reason to criticise a player.

Besides Onana, there’s been a lot of unfair criticism of Doucoure until lately. Donkey, headless chicken etc., it turns out he’s one of our most important players. Lukaku was criticised for everything besides his 20+ goals a season. Only scoring goals when the game was already won etc.

There’s an underlying resentment being displayed here, and the only saving grace is seeing how many posters are calling it out. It’s good to see amongst the