2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Ireland is classed as British Isles but unlike a Jamaican being called carribbean and rightly so you cannot call an Irishman British. Northern Irish ,Yes.
It just boils down to Coleman not being from Great Britain, not from the UK therefore is Irish. That is what it is all about

But can you call someone from Northern Ireland British?

(I work in a 6 person company 3 are Irish. I know this gets under their skin so don’t take it seriously)

just logged on to see everyone's thoughts on Onana. Couple of pages of people's views on Coleman/Ireland/Britain, then a few pages on racism. I was hoping for some footage of him tackling or hyping the crowd up
Hopefully we'll get there soon but you know GOT.....

just logged on to see everyone's thoughts on Onana. Couple of pages of people's views on Coleman/Ireland/Britain, then a few pages on racism. I was hoping for some footage of him tackling or hyping the crowd up
I don’t have the footage but that tackle close to the edge of our box when they were breaking down the left second half was absolutely incredible. The lad is so good as slide tackles and so confident to pull them off when on a yellow as well.

One on Garner is good too
@blindbert

Thanks for this. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see him play soon.

But can you call someone from Northern Ireland British?

(I work in a 6 person company 3 are Irish. I know this gets under their skin so don’t take it seriously)

It would be very ignorant to call everyone from Northern Ireland British.

"It is the birthright of all the people of Northern Ireland to identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both, as they may so choose, and accordingly [the two governments] confirm that their right to hold both British and Irish citizenship is accepted by both Governments"

Status
Not open for further replies.