2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viera? Toure? Whilst I agree there may be a resemblance to one or the other the kid is still only 20 and is still developing. If he continues to do so then hopefully in years to come his name in its own right will be mentioned with the same reverence as those two 'greats'. And he is one of ours!

Technically you're right, Coleman was born in the British isles, just not in the UK
Mate I don’t even know anymore. Seems whatever you say on the internet nowadays someone is desperate to call you out for being racist, sexist or insensitive to a minority group.

I’ve seen one person being racist on this thread and he got called out correctly, everything else is just love for Onana.

The moment stood out most for me; if you look at our 5 v 3 counter attack where maupay should have scored… onana get the ball in our own box and finds gray with a pass. Allan, doucoure, davies would have launched that ball up field, but he had the calmness to take his time ans start a counter. Thats a sign of a good player and one we haven’t had in midfield for years imo
Loved that, really intelligent to stop and think before clearing his lines and putting us under more pressure. Patterson is extremely good at that as well I’ve notice.

Mate I don’t even know anymore. Seems whatever you say on the internet nowadays someone is desperate to call you out for being racist, sexist or insensitive to a minority group.

I’ve seen one person being racist on this thread and he got called out correctly, everything else is just love for Onana.
' If you know your geography' we could make a new song out of that.

He probably has some of it, I saw Vieira play like 5 times and he was way past his prime
Interesting, you are practically calling someone a racist online for comparing Onana to viera, yet you havent really seen viera play at all to understand why he made those comparisons.

You are the problem, not the other poster.

Fyi, he is exactly like viera in the way he uses his size and legs to win those slide tackles, veirra used to do it a couple of times a game alone.

Interesting, you are practically calling someone a racist online for comparing Onana to viera, yet you havent really seen viera play at all to understand why he made those comparisons.

You are the problem, not the other poster.

Fyi, he is exactly like viera in the way he uses his size and legs to win those slide tackles, veirra used to do it a couple of times a game alone.
For me Viera was the best cm from the entire 'premiership era' better than Keane, Makalele, Kante etc

This lad has the potential to be that good imo - he's got absolutely everything

I’m glad Big Kev took notice of my scouting report.

? Mate, tbf never really heard of this lad besides one article on 'young talent in europe' .

Recruitment didn't get every position sorted to the degree we need - but have to say we seem to have recruited incredibly well and throwing on top the real financial constraints we had, they did an amazing job.

We can argue about timing of bringing in players or not bringing in certain ones/positions faster - but can't knock at all the end result of what we have now added (and got rid off too).

Bodes well for the long term

Status
Not open for further replies.