2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry, here’s me thinking that two central midfielders that are both playing in central midfield for the same team were playing as a central midfield partnership. Mental.

Ones been playing central midfield, the other has been defensive midfield and its not been successful.

Against Palace they were both playing defensive midfield and looked very good together.

At no time have both played as "a central midfield partnership".

Ones been playing central midfield, the other has been defensive midfield and its not been successful.

Against Palace they were both playing defensive midfield and looked very good together.

At no time have both played as "a central midfield partnership".

Oh right.

If people want to try and make out that there are three separate central midfield positions in which players are only limited to engaging in one aspect of central midfield play, and that they are working as individuals and not in partnership with their fellow central midfielders, then fine, crack on.

But I think it’s nonsense. They’ve been playing in central midfield, together, in partnership, and it’s mostly been woeful apart from the odd game when the opposition couldn’t wait to go home tbh.

Great that Sky interview, some interesting stats in there that has him up in like the top 6 or 7 for a few metrics among the other CMs in the league. Which is funny because you can tell he has struggled a lot at times, but for me I think it shows what a promising talent he is if he is struggling but is still pulling in good numbers.

Really hope he gets that elusive first goal soon, preferably boxing day!

Via the sky story

Premier league ranking:
7th Fouls won 21
6th Tackles 37
4th Fouls conceded 22
6th Aerial duels won 24
2nd Duels won 91

Club ranking
1st Tackles 26
4th Interceptions 10
6th Ball recoveries 59
14th Forward passing % 29.2
9th Passing accuracy 80.8

Looks like the stats of a defensive midfield anchor to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.