2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a cracking young player....21 starting games in the world cup is one hell of a position to be in...how many other so called older top midfielders dont ever do thet ??
And how many are playing poorly too ?!

Some of our fans expect Pele performances from our players....and cry when it doesn't happen.

Get a grip.
it will be easier in the championship next season.

He is a cracking young player....21 starting games in the world cup is one hell of a position to be in...how many other so called older top midfielders dont ever do thet ??

Some of our fans expect Pele performances from our players....and cry when it doesn't happen.

Get a grip.
This is not true

We just expect to see our midfield be competitive and not get schooled by awful sides like Bournemouth

I've said it before, but for now he just needs to nail down that deeper 'sitting' role. His best performances for us have been in that area of the pitch where he roams in front of the back four pressurising oppo midfielders - his tackling stats over the first 15 games reinforces this. He doesn't do enough on the ball further up the pitch to be effective and it turn in leaves us a bit more exposed. For now Lampard should just have him going back to basics until he fully adjusts to the league.

I've said it before, but for now he just needs to nail down that deeper 'sitting' role. His best performances for us have been in that area of the pitch where he roams in front of the back four pressurising oppo midfielders - his tackling stats over the first 15 games reinforces this. He doesn't do enough on the ball further up the pitch to be effective and it turn in leaves us a bit more exposed. For now Lampard should just have him going back to basics until he fully adjusts to the league.
Same i think played deeper gives him more a chance to get the ball then get into his stride, plus gives gana more room to go after the ball

Things got worse for Belgium after he went off. As good a player as Tielemans as at Leicester he's too exposed in that Belgian system.

For me that game showed that Martinez just hasn't evolved as a coach, it's the same old issues with his teams, always is.

Get a grip.

Looks like he'll become a mainstay in the belgian side.

I actually think a pairing of him and Tielemans would look very good.

For us, he should currently be playing deeper next to Gana as they seem to complement one another...

...i think Lampard is using him in a way to improve his all round game.

Everton fans - we should stop wasting money on experienced players and go for youth with potential.

Also Everton fans - why are we wasting money on young players with potential

Everton fans - our midfield is rubbish, we need to sign someone to play there

Also Everton fans - why are we buying midfielders, we need forwards

You very easily attach that post, to virtually every single post, from a hardcore of about a dozen, regular head the balls, who frequently post on here after a defeat.

You could also add to that, they then whinge like school girls, when the young player inevitably, decides he`s had enough of the vitriol, spewing from the terraces and social media and leaves.

They know who they are, we know who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.