Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Translated from the Belgian newspaper:

Amadou Onana is hot on the transfer market. The youth product of Anderlecht and Zulte Waregem, among others, can go to West Ham, which has 35 million euros plus five million euros in bonuses for him. Yesterday it became known that the negotiations with Onana herself, however, were more difficult and now it is clear why. The midfielder, who has already made his debut for the Red Devils, is also interested in Everton. "And Amadou wants to go to Everton himself," said his entourage. According to our information, that club has already made an offer to Lille: it would be about the same as West Ham's.

Only since last season does Onana play for Lille. He previously played for Hoffenheim and Hamburg, which received seven million euros for him from Lille.

Got 4 years left on his deal with Lille, which would explain the fee. Surprised nobody in for Jonathon David from there, also

For me mate both Unsworth and Ferguson 'deciding' to suddenly find ambitions to manage away from Everton was a big sign that Thelwell has a lot more control than some think.

I think both those decisions where in business terms allowing a long standing employee to leave with respect but both were informed they would be going regardless.

For this club it went under the radar just how unusual both leaving was but for me it was a sign he has full control of everything below board level.

I also think Bill is being used as the face of deals that have already been sorted out rather than the one negotiating now
I agree buddy. I think there has been a realisation at Everton, perhaps when Brands decided enough is enough, that the structure is appaulling and the jobs for the boys can't continue unless the boy has qualities on offer. It works the same way with coaches too, you dont have to get in a top top coach initially, but if you have a top coach there, who can guide that coach, its an investment.

I just was making the point that I dont beleive for a second Brands had the control that a DOF should have.

Kevin Thelwell, appears to have much, much more control.

On Bill - not sure myself. He shouldn't be at the club, he stabilised us under Moyes, and I would be thankful for that. We shouldn't forget his lies, his theatrics. I worry he is still having a strong say. But we are where we are nad me whigning about it on an Everton forum wont make any difference.

I agree buddy. I think there has been a realisation at Everton, perhaps when Brands decided enough is enough, that the structure is appaulling and the jobs for the boys can't continue unless the boy has qualities on offer. It works the same way with coaches too, you dont have to get in a top top coach initially, but if you have a top coach there, who can guide that coach, its an investment.

I just was making the point that I dont beleive for a second Brands had the control that a DOF should have.

Kevin Thelwell, appears to have much, much more control.

On Bill - not sure myself. He shouldn't be at the club, he stabilised us under Moyes, and I would be thankful for that. We shouldn't forget his lies, his theatrics. I worry he is still having a strong say. But we are where we are nad me whigning about it on an Everton forum wont make any difference.

That is something I have always felt never mind the criticism on here. To much interference from Moshiri and BK I think.

Yeah I’m all for questioning things and having different opinions but sometimes it does feel like the club just can’t win with some people, whatever they do is wrong.

That's true. What I will say though, is I fully understand that viewpoint. The club has made multiple mistakes, over both the short and longer term.

But you have to try to view things over the course of a window, and give people time. Its hard to do. But individual signings can often only make sense when you view with a bit of detachment, and from after the event.

Also, and it may not make a huge difference, but players will look a tthe club and put it in the 'pro' list of pros/cons. Last season the supporters showed their backing to the entire squad. Players will see that and go I wouldn't mind that.

I'm not saying that's a reason to choose Liverpool over London, but could be a small pro in the debate of where to go. It may be that Lampard when speaking to him has said he will play, he is integral, where West Ham have said he would compete with Socuek, Rice etc. We dont know.

The supporters have made this club more attractive to players with their support. I can't imagine Iwobi had a nice word to say about teh fans until the end of last season, understandably so.

Isn't much of a difference between West ham and the rest of the league. Few signings in the right places makes a difference.

London is a massive cesspit, and their ground isn't even a footy ground.

So West ham

This really. We have had two seasons below them big deal. Only takes one good summer of signings, bit of luck with injuries and we back above them. That goes for any team outside the scab 6. Not saying we will like because well you know Everton isn’t it. But it won’t take much, just a little competence (alien concept I know), for us to be best of the rest again.

That's true. What I will say though, is I fully understand that viewpoint. The club has made multiple mistakes, over both the short and longer term.

But you have to try to view things over the course of a window, and give people time. Its hard to do. But individual signings can often only make sense when you view with a bit of detachment, and from after the event.

Individual signings for me can only be viewed properly in the context of building a team mate.

What I'm seeing here atm we are actually building a side piece by piece with an idea of how it all fits together.

It has me very very optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.