Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently only €10m up front and instalments on rest. Presumably we will offer a 5 or 6 year deal to spread amortisation. If we can get this done it makes the IGG move make more sense as you have the future learning from the past/present. Onana is still raw and inexperienced so if he does come expect him to be eased in. Really changes MF if it happens, just leaving the black hole up front!

Honestly....would be fine with that short term (ie January). Because we need to rebuild and that doesn't happen over night

I just threw up at the thought of the club working together.

Although I dont blame Brands, Moshiri 100% interefered and didnt let him do what he was paid for, and takie the responsibility of it.
I like Thelwell mate, he comes across differently to Brands - think Brands liked being the focal point and in the spotlight, think Thelwell is a bit 'boring' and just sees it as his job to do what needs doing.

With Onana and Gana as a base you could play Alli or a Doucs as a ten would be so great to sort the midfield out with options, we have needed that for years! I have to hope this wouldn't stop us loaning a forward or two as well.
With Onana and Gana as a base you could play Alli or a Doucs as a ten would be so great to sort the midfield out with options, we have needed that for years! I have tope this wouldn't stop us loaning a forward or two as wel

Was with you until you say Doucs as a ten.

It will sound a bit snidy and it's not meant to be, but I think sometimes people just want to have a moan.

Tarkowski- Hes too old
McNeil- Hes not old but hes from Burnley
Vinagre- Only signed him because he played for Wolves
Gana- No sell on, too old
Onana- Young, not from the PL, no connection to Burnley/Wolves- why arent we buying a striker.

Theres always going to be a reason not to do something. But Gana/Onana together would be smart business.
Yeah I’m all for questioning things and having different opinions but sometimes it does feel like the club just can’t win with some people, whatever they do is wrong.

Maybe but six games this month we will need someone Alli in an unfamiliar position backed up by Rondon is not a good strike force. We need another. I suspect we are holding out for Broja maybe he comes after we have played them.

You aint relegated after 6 games mate!

No pressure this season in my eyes - priority is get the business done to improve the squad and aim for 8th-12th over the 38 games with something to build on next summer.

We got our best PL finish after selling our ‘best player’ and invested in a quality misfield and defence… and Marcus Bent
yep and Lampard is building/re-building this team the proper way. where do people think he`s honestly gonna start? he came here when we were in free-fall leaking goals like mad

We will get a striker In. We have no money yet we signed mcneill and maybe this lad and gana
Maybe we have more money then people think they know?
Why does anyone think we don't have money? Mosh is still backing us. We've got to comply with FFP, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem with the Richarlison money and release of players.

I like Thelwell mate, he comes across differently to Brands - think Brands liked being the focal point and in the spotlight, think Thelwell is a bit 'boring' and just sees it as his job to do what needs doing.

I'm not sure Brands ever communicated enough so my view there differs. I just hope Thelwell is left to do his job, not without having to justify things, but to actually be able to do it. I dont believe Brands was ever in full control. Unfortunately Moshiri has been massively supportive of managers but has definately intervened, his financial backing cannot be questioned, his operations should be.

Why does anyone think we don't have money? Mosh is still backing us. We've got to comply with FFP, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem with the Richarlison money and release of players.
Sshhhh!!!!

If everyone thinks we have no money then they will be more amenable to accepting 10p monthly payments spread over 4 millennia lol

If we don’t concede we don’t lose.

We had a very successful strategy of a not great quality striker up front with Marcus Bent once upon a time… we just need someone up top Who can run all day (and hopefully has a better skill set than Marcus did)
Still need goals mate , i hope this is addressed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.