Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just think it’s a bit stupid for him to be putting that out there, puts immense pressure on the lad for no reason because we all know he has to come into the side regardless because we’ve been so poor.

I’m not saying the exact same thing happened with Kean but there was big expectations put on him at a young age and when he wasn’t able to come in straight away there was large amounts of criticism thrown at him and that certainly wouldn’t help anyone settle in a new league at a young age.
You could be right but the journalist is just reporting what he has been told. Don’t know if you have watched the interview video on here but the lad seems to be mature and grounded

Any good sources on his wages? Noise from the West Ham side was that they were looking for £100k a week which is worrying

You don't pay that amount of money for a footballer nowadays unless you think he's worth a decent wage.

Really bizarre for West Ham to chase him for 4-5 months, have repeated bids - finally get one accepted and then baulk at the personal terms? Surely you'd get an indication beforehand.

I think it's face saving/he's just preferred Everton anyway - bigger profile, easier route into the team, seeing Belgians like Lukaku/Fellaini do well, cement their team in national squad and move to bigger clubs... and Lampard's profile in the game to any midfielder is what it is. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a word with Roberto Martinez too.

Status
Not open for further replies.