Allardyce axed after Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where's the evidence he can spot a player mate, which gems has he unearthed in his thirty years managing?

It's not about 'unearthing gems', is it?

He bought Campo, Djorkaev and Jay Jay Okocha to Bolton. They didn't do too bad. Davies and Nolan, s***houses that they are, didn't do too bad either.

He managed to somehow rejuvinate Sakho at Palace, and actually got the best out of Zaha. He signed Milivojevic who has been one of Palace's best players since he arrived. Going back further did he not bring Defoe to S'land and also signed Khazri who helped keep them up?

That's off the top of my head.

I'm not saying he's some mercurial transfer master. I'm saying that if he wants to bring in players in positions that we need strengthening anyway, then I don't see the issue if it's someone of the quality of N'Zonzi or the potential of Bryan.

You're letting your hatred of him cloud your judgement. He's basically just a walking, talking embodiment of everything that has gone wrong on the pitch over the past two years.

He isn't to blame for everything that is going wrong at the club.

He's to blame for crap tactics but he's not to blame for Williams running 20 yards out of the defence from our goal kick and then Holgate not tracking the runner the other day, for example.

I don't want him here. And I definitely don't want him here past May, but if he's bringing in players like Walcott, Tosun and hopefully someone of the quality of N'Zonzi (though I do think that's a stretch) than he should be backed as they improve us drastically whichever manager is here.

So basically mate, he's signing players we need that don't suit the style of play he wants to use, and he persists with that style despite it, great recruitment and tactics from him then

We have signed two players, one has been there a week (and played well, setting up a goal) The other has played about 120 minutes.

The tactics are awful, I've said that.

But if you have quality players - like we saw with that one bit of quality from Rooney into Walcott the other day - they can have an impact going forward.

N'Zonzi and an attacking left back would improve us. I don't mind Sam been given the money to bring those two in.

I think our safety is immediately guaranteed if Martina and Schneiderlin are replaced. They are the two biggest weaknesses in our team right now so I completely agree that efforts should be made to replace at least one them over the next week.

I think our safety is immediately guaranteed if Martina and Schneiderlin are replaced. They are the two biggest weaknesses in our team right now so I completely agree that efforts should be made to replace at least one them over the next week.

Exactly.

I don't get the 'don't give him money to spend' theory.

It's mental. We need to make our team better so even if the tactics are crap the players can at least adapt and get through the games and ultimately safety, because while it is unlikely we are not clear of danger at all given our form.

The tactics are awful, I've said that.

But if you have quality players - like we saw with that one bit of quality from Rooney into Walcott the other day - they can have an impact going forward.

N'Zonzi and an attacking left back would improve us. I don't mind Sam been given the money to bring those two in.

See am torn right now Toff... I know he is going to be here at least next season (unless get really toxic), and its not a bright out look - and that we need to sign players am just not sure how much we should really give him...

N'Zonzi for Schniderat would massively improve us right away, leave gana shielding the back 4 - am just concerned (prob from a club direction position) wha the "Allardyce" signings will leave for the next man if am honest.

Potentially an even more ageing squad then we have now.

It depends who is bringing them in, right now I dont trust Walsh or Allardyce to bring the right people in... Tosun is a gamble, Walcott if he stays fit was a no brainer for £20m.

It's not about 'unearthing gems', is it?

He bought Campo, Djorkaev and Jay Jay Okocha to Bolton. They didn't do too bad. Davies and Nolan, s***houses that they are, didn't do too bad either.

He managed to somehow rejuvinate Sakho at Palace, and actually got the best out of Zaha. He signed Milivojevic who has been one of Palace's best players since he arrived. Going back further did he not bring Defoe to S'land and also signed Khazri who helped keep them up?

That's off the top of my head.

I'm not saying he's some mercurial transfer master. I'm saying that if he wants to bring in players in positions that we need strengthening anyway, then I don't see the issue if it's someone of the quality of N'Zonzi or the potential of Bryan.

You're letting your hatred of him cloud your judgement. He's basically just a walking, talking embodiment of everything that has gone wrong on the pitch over the past two years.

He isn't to blame for everything that is going wrong at the club.

He's to blame for crap tactics but he's not to blame for Williams running 20 yards out of the defence from our goal kick and then Holgate not tracking the runner the other day, for example.

I don't want him here. And I definitely don't want him here past May, but if he's bringing in players like Walcott, Tosun and hopefully someone of the quality of N'Zonzi (though I do think that's a stretch) than he should be backed as they improve us drastically whichever manager is here.

Defoe was already at Sunderland and he was loathe to play him until he had no alternative.

See am torn right now Toff... I know he is going to be here at least next season (unless get really toxic), and its not a bright out look - and that we need to sign players am just not sure how much we should really give him...

N'Zonzi for Schniderat would massively improve us right away, leave gana shielding the back 4 - am just concerned (prob from a club direction position) wha the "Allardyce" signings will leave for the next man if am honest.

Potentially an even more ageing squad then we have now.

It depends who is bringing them in, right now I dont trust Walsh or Allardyce to bring the right people in... Tosun is a gamble, Walcott if he stays fit was a no brainer for £20m.

I get that, but if we look at Palace, then the players he signed (Sakho, Milivojevic) have been their bright sparks really.

I get the concern, but I think if the players are good enough (Walcott, N'Zonzi) then any manager will want to use them. In the case of those two players I think it's a definite that most managers would use them.

Defoe was already at Sunderland and he was loathe to play him until he had no alternative.

Ah, my bad.

Don't remember him being loathe to play him, though? Pretty sure he was straight in their line-up wasn't he?

In fact yes, he was, because didn't he score against us in their game at Goodison (the 6-2)?

I get that, but if we look at Palace, then the players he signed (Sakho, Milivojevic) have been their bright sparks really.

Same goes for S'land with Defoe, although of course Khazri quickly turned dud (though that could of course be to do with Moyes not liking wingers, as well).

I get the concern, but I think if the players are good enough (Walcott, N'Zonzi) then any manager will want to use them. In the case of those two players I think it's a definite that most managers would use them.

See the flip side - Sakho wasn't a bad player, he was ace at PSG and when he went to the [Poor language removed] he went all Traore... haven't seen enough of Milivojevic to even make comment.

At sunderland, he made some terrible signings and some of the players he brought in completely downed tools after they survived... Not so much calling them mercenaries but they cant be far away. Defoe will score goals for anyone.

I think this is where a strong DOF would enable us to bring in the right people, not saying N'zonzi or Walcott aren't, at all they are good players, but what we don't want is Sam spunking £80/90m on people who down tools after "surviving" or achieving their target.

Genuinely worry for what we will be left with if we aren't strong about signings and where they fit moving forward.

Saying that - if I can drive MS ANYWHERE in the world and have N'Zonzi as a replacement, ill be happy to.

See the flip side - Sakho wasn't a bad player, he was ace at PSG and when he went to the [Poor language removed] he went all Traore... haven't seen enough of Milivojevic to even make comment.

At sunderland, he made some terrible signings and some of the players he brought in completely downed tools after they survived... Not so much calling them mercenaries but they cant be far away. Defoe will score goals for anyone.

I think this is where a strong DOF would enable us to bring in the right people, not saying N'zonzi or Walcott aren't, at all they are good players, but what we don't want is Sam spunking £80/90m on people who down tools after "surviving" or achieving their target.

Genuinely worry for what we will be left with if we aren't strong about signings and where they fit moving forward.

Saying that - if I can drive MS ANYWHERE in the world and have N'Zonzi as a replacement, ill be happy to.

Yeh, that's a good point mate.

Depends on the quality of the players.

Despite how crap we are, we showed with Walcott we can still attract genuine quality. Tosun is a gamble but is clearly very highly rated - we just need to play to his strengths and get people around him.

N'Zonzi I do believe is a genuine target, Sam definitely rates him. And he's the type of quality that could help us bridge that gap to top 6, not just keep us up.

And, it's blatantly clear we need a left-back and someone like Bryan clearly has a lot of talent, and if there's any links in the Bernat rumour then it's not like he's a typical 'Allardyce' defender either.

Yeh, that's a good point mate.

Depends on the quality of the players.

Despite how crap we are, we showed with Walcott we can still attract genuine quality. Tosun is a gamble but is clearly very highly rated - we just need to play to his strengths and get people around him.

N'Zonzi I do believe is a genuine target, Sam definitely rates him. And he's the type of quality that could help us bridge that gap to top 6, not just keep us up.

And, it's blatantly clear we need a left-back and someone like Bryan clearly has a lot of talent, and if there's any links in the Bernat rumour then it's not like he's a typical 'Allardyce' defender either.

I think thats just my point, I dont want us to go for "typical" Allardyce signings if you get me, we need that leadership (HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA AS IF WE HAVE THAT) to roadmap these players over the next few seasons, instead of a stop gap for 6 months.

If we got N'Zonzi as a MS replacement, ill be delighted, left back should have been sorted 2 years ago with the roadmap for taking over Baines this year/next year or when he breaks.

I am just very wary at the moment, everyone knows my feeling on Sam and what damage he could do, without strong leadership and planning it could go really really wrong (and worse then it is now.)

I think thats just my point, I dont want us to go for "typical" Allardyce signings if you get me, we need that leadership (HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA AS IF WE HAVE THAT) to roadmap these players over the next few seasons, instead of a stop gap for 6 months.

If we got N'Zonzi as a MS replacement, ill be delighted, left back should have been sorted 2 years ago with the roadmap for taking over Baines this year/next year or when he breaks.

I am just very wary at the moment, everyone knows my feeling on Sam and what damage he could do, without strong leadership and planning it could go really really wrong (and worse then it is now.)

I entirely agree with you mate.

But based on the two signings so far, I think it's hard to say that they're 'typical' Allardyce signings.

The issue is that he's playing them in the 'typical' Allardyce way, which is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.