Allardyce axed after Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s going to be sacked do it now.
Give the new man time to get a signing or two in.
Would be Everton to sack a manager on transfer deadline day.
Mind you would be Everton to not have a new man in place, but I do hear Pulis is twiddling his thumbs. :):)
God forbid!

You feel for a bloke who’s Held us to ransom lol - ok mate
Held us to Ransom?? :Blink:
Look at it as compensation for hamstringing him by only giving him an 18 Month contract. It effectively tells the players that even the Board think he's temporary so what is the point in putting the effort? Just put your feet up for a six months and he'll take the blame and be replaced.
That's what some players are doing now, sitting back on their huge pay cheques and waiting for the next manager.

We should be 8th-10th. We should be getting 50 points. We have a clear and worrying lack of balance and that's why we simply can't challenge at the top end. But suggesting we are relegation fodder is nonsense. There's a vast difference between not being good enough to compete for 6th and being relegated.

I've never been more disgusted with the tactical set up of an everton team in all my life. Constant changing of selection. Tonnes of HT subs. Obsession with the archaic 4231. Negativity in possssion. Onus on graft over quality. Constant questioning of players with no responsibility taken by any manager for performances. It's disgusting how we'v been coached by 3 different people. All with huge flaws. It's depressing.

It really is depressing- the coaching and general leadership at the club over the past 9 months has been abysmal.

But the players have to shoulder just as much blame for not being very good. A manager doesn't go out and tell his players not to shoot, or give away needless passes, or not run (Schneiderlin)...

It's a two-way streak and I honestly think we're one of the worst footballing sides in the league. We aren't particularly good at anything in particular.

We've signed a £20m forward who has scored 100 goals for Arsenal and won trophies yet he'll be played constantly on the wide right and we'll never see the best of him. We've signed a striker from the Turkish league and just like with Sandro, because we've thrown him in without any support up front, he'll be ruined within weeks.

It's pathetic.

Held us to Ransom?? :Blink:
Look at it as compensation for hamstringing him by only giving him an 18 Month contract. It effectively tells the players that even the Board think he's temporary so what is the point in putting the effort? Just put your feet up for a six months and he'll take the blame and be replaced.
That's what some players are doing now, sitting back on their huge pay cheques and waiting for the next manager.

He’s come knowingly what he will get then what he will get if we bin him of. Don’t feel sorry for him one little bit. He’s making a living of keeping teams up that’s it.

It really is depressing- the coaching and general leadership at the club over the past 9 months has been abysmal.

But the players have to shoulder just as much blame for not being very good. A manager doesn't go out and tell his players not to shoot, or give away needless passes, or not run (Schneiderlin)...

It's a two-way streak and I honestly think we're one of the worst footballing sides in the league. We aren't particularly good at anything in particular.

We've signed a £20m forward who has scored 100 goals for Arsenal and won trophies yet he'll be played constantly on the wide right and we'll never see the best of him. We've signed a striker from the Turkish league and just like with Sandro, because we've thrown him in without any support up front, he'll be ruined within weeks.

It's pathetic.

which is why we should go out and get a manager who is progressive mate, Fonseca or Silva would do me, get them on board with the idea of bringing Arteta in as their assistant - highly rated, ambitious and with a clear path to succeed.

Infinitely doable, at least would see us get the best out of the attacking players we have, do it now and back them by getting in 2-3 of the players they want.

Because if we stick with Big Fat Sam, by the summer Tosun will be regarded by us as another Niasse and another 25m down the drain and the rest of them will just continue down their current trajectory and be impossible to shift or turn their form around again.

which is why we should go out and get a manager who is progressive mate, Fonseca or Silva would do me, get them on board with the idea of bringing Arteta in as their assistant - highly rated, ambitious and with a clear path to succeed.

Infinitely doable, at least would see us get the best out of the attacking players we have, do it now and back them by getting in 2-3 of the players they want.

Because if we stick with Big Fat Sam, by the summer Tosun will be regarded by us as another Niasse and another 25m down the drain and the rest of them will just continue down their current trajectory and be impossible to shift or turn their form around again.

Don't get your hopes up Steve.

Sam's here until the end of the season.

Don't get your hopes up Steve.

Sam's here until the end of the season.

Probably so mate, still think the 2 games at the end or march and start of april at home to city and the derby will see Goodison the most toxic it's been in my lifetime though with him in charge.

It's pathetic.

Well Allardyce is the main issue. He refuses to play a system which is aggressive and gets men round the centre forward. He hasn't done it in 25 years, it won't happen now. The players aren't performing well but Allardyce makes it bloomin hard with his dinosaur tactics. Why we are giving him money is beyond me. May as well burn the cash instead.

Well Allardyce is the main issue. He refuses to play a system which is aggressive and gets men round the centre forward. He hasn't done it in 25 years, it won't happen now. The players aren't performing well but Allardyce makes it bloomin hard with his dinosaur tactics. Why we are giving him money is beyond me. May as well burn the cash instead.

I don't mind giving Sam money as it doesn't seem he's bringing in a particular 'type' of player.

He's wanting a left-back and a big powerful midfielder.

We need those anyway, regardless of who's in charge.

He's brought in Walcott and a striker. We needed those anyway.

I just don't blame Sam for everything. It's not just his tactics that are the problem. The rot had set in a long time before he got here.

I don't mind giving Sam money as it doesn't seem he's bringing in a particular 'type' of player.

He's wanting a left-back and a big powerful midfielder.

We need those anyway, regardless of who's in charge.

He's brought in Walcott and a striker. We needed those anyway.

I just don't blame Sam for everything. It's not just his tactics that are the problem. The rot had set in a long time before he got here.

Thats like saying if you have a stomach bug you may as well eat rotten meat mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.