Allardyce axed after Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate - as I've shown you here, it is pretty much in line with the last 5 seasons. Southampton in 18th with 22 points would need 15 points to beat that mark - can you see them winning 5 of their last 14 games? Or 6 to get to 40 points?
You're probably right mate, I just don't see where we will win games. Maybe Tosun and Walcott will settle in quickly and we'll be able to get the goals we need, hell we need them.

I see these as the only games we can take points in:

Leicester home
Palace home
Watford away
Brighton home
Stoke away
Swansea away
Huddersfield away
Southampton home
West Ham away.

I say we need at least 40 points to be safe, so that's 12 more at a minimum. Seeing as we cannot win away from home, and play loads of relegation rivals away who all show so much more fight than we do, it won't be easy imo. Palace and Leicester have great records at Goodison too.

Can we take 12 points from those 9 games?

It's all set up for us to go down against Moyes on the final day.

But why were they as bad under Koeman and unsworth?
I didn't want sam. But for me out players are not good enough. Or they don't care. But under 3 managers they have been poor.. They are the common denominator
We were creating shots on target under Unsworth infact the win at home v West Ham and our Europa under Shakespear are our best two performances of the season - take Sams luck away pens and woodwork hit by the opposition, and his points tally would be alarming - Koeman for wasting the transfer funds, and replacing all midfielders, and then the magical third rate CuCu!

You're probably right mate, I just don't see where we will win games. Maybe Tosun and Walcott will settle in quickly and we'll be able to get the goals we need, hell we need them.

Leicester home
Palace home
Watford away
Brighton home
Stoke away
Swansea away
Huddersfield away
Southampton home
West Ham away.

I say we need at least 40 points to be safe, so that's 12 more at a minimum. Seeing as we cannot win away from home, and play loads of relegation rivals away who all show so much more fight than we do, it won't be easy imo. Palace and Leicester have great records at Goodison too.

Don't we play Burnley again? They've clammed up, we will get points there. Huddersfield too. Don't we still have newcastle at home? We'll beat Palace as well.

Us and West Ham will just mill around for 90 minutes, both on around 41 points at that point.

We were creating shots on target under Unsworth infact the win at home v West Ham and our Europa under Shakespear are our best two performances of the season - take Sams luck away pens and woodwork hit by the opposition, and his points tally would be alarming - Koeman for wasting the transfer funds, and replacing all midfielders, and then the magical third rate CuCu!
We also got some hammerings under unsworth. My point mate is the players are as much to blame as anyone. People are blaming allardyce for all our problems. He's not. I hope he's gone in May. But others deserve more blame

Leicester home
Palace home
Watford away
Brighton home
Stoke away
Swansea away
Huddersfield away
Southampton home
West Ham away.

That's why your username is what it is..bigging up the great escape.;)
It's ridiculous to think that any manager, couldn't get 12 points out of our remaining games!

But why were they as bad under Koeman and unsworth?
I didn't want sam. But for me out players are not good enough. Or they don't care. But under 3 managers they have been poor.. They are the common denominator

Ross and Lukaku is a big hole to fill but, it shouldn't be beyond any manager to (with the players bought), at least stay in the top half of the table?

Don't we play Burnley again? They've clammed up, we will get points there. Huddersfield too. Don't we still have newcastle at home? We'll beat Palace as well.

Us and West Ham will just mill around for 90 minutes, both on around 41 points at that point.
I hope so pal. Proper scared of us being dragged into it!

Ross and Lukaku is a big hole to fill but, it shouldn't be beyond any manager to (with the players bought), at least stay in the top half of the table?
Some people are blaming big sam for all our problems. That is unfair. We were terrible under Koeman, terrible under unsworth and terrible now.. Everyone is to blame if people are rational

Some people are blaming big sam for all our problems. That is unfair. We were terrible under Koeman, terrible under unsworth and terrible now.. Everyone is to blame if people are rational

I agree with that..
Koeman, should have introduced the new players in gradually (he didn't and it failed).
The Board, should've had a new manager lined up before they sacked Koeman (they didn't and it failed).
The Board, should've either given the Unsworth the job for the season or not bothered (they didn't and it failed).
Having said all that, no matter what people think, there are enough talented players in our squad that (with any decent manager) thinking about relegation is ludicrous. (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.