2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shock that him and Davies is a partnership that i wanted to tear my eyes out watching

Not like that was a surprise, to anybody but the bloke who thought they could play together in a two

we can get away with it with Doucoure and Allan has generally been good this season. You can’t get away with it if Doucoure isn’t fit

This 1000x we keep playing this way in a two in midfield we get destroyed.

Yep, it’s not hard. Don’t expose weaknesses - not like are players need much help in being crap

It worked okay with Allan and Doucoure, even then I thought we looked like we could be exposed at times. Not sure if it's just not having a good striker to knit it all together that's the issue, but yeah 4-3-3 suits the personnel we have.

Always about 3/4 times in a game he just gets beaten and it leaves us wide open. Wins some tackles but loses a lot as well. Hardly ever happened against Gueye, Barry and even McCarthy in 13/14 it felt like.
Problem is Gomes, Delph and Davies get beat even easier.
Ends up looking quite good when we defend deep as there’s no space behind him, but he gets caught further up and we look so vulnerable on the counter. Not necessarily his fault, more a ridiculous lack of options to go 433. Still maintain we looked at our best playing a 433 start of last season, and we have literally never had the options to play it since thanks to numerous injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.