2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst he has played for us.

But equally, everyone had a bad game so seems harsh to single out anyone. Guess I was just especially disappointed as I expect more from him than some of the other jokers in the squad.

I don't get what he is meant to play as. He likes to push forward but that leaves us completely exposed. If he is meant to sit then he's getting way out of position.

It was especially worrying when compared with the discipline of Southampton´s midfield. I think a lot of teams will look at today´s game and see our midfield as something they could get around over the coming weeks.

It was especially worrying when compared with the discipline of Southampton´s midfield. I think a lot of teams will look at today´s game and see our midfield as something they could get around over the coming weeks.
I think the answer might be to go with Allan and Doucoure as the box to box players with Delph behind them. Somebody has to provide discipline.

I think the answer might be to go with Allan and Doucoure as the box to box players with Delph behind them. Somebody has to provide discipline.

Wouldn´t be the worst idea but think we´d need quite a few clean sheets to win games with those 3 in the midfield. Definitely needs tweaking over the next few weeks.

Wouldn´t be the worst idea but think we´d need quite a few clean sheets to win games with those 3 in the midfield. Definitely needs tweaking over the next few weeks.
I don't know that we would provided James is playing. The midfield as previously constructed was still dependent on James for the passing to work.

What Romeu was asked to do today for them is all we should be asking him to do for us.

He was absolutely faultless and looked different class. I think a big part of that was down to the system. Romeu looked like he knew his role inside out, Allan didn´t have a clue what he was being asked to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.