2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amongst the dross at the club he looks like a pearl. The reality is it’s all relative. He’s bang average at best. No way should there be any discussion of £100k a week. He’s already declined from the heights of last season which were that he actually made an effort.

I really like Iwobi and he's been unquestionably one of our 3 best players. But this smells like when we gave Keane a new 5 year deal off the back of 3 months of Zouma walking him through games
I agree with this what happens if he signs the deal then in a month Lampard gets sacked and Iwobi reverts to type for the new boss and we are lumbered with him just like we are with Keane.

I agree with this what happens if he signs the deal then in a month Lampard gets sacked and Iwobi reverts to type for the new boss and we are lumbered with him just like we are with Keane.
Exactly. He's had 4 managers, 5 if you count Ferguson and only one of them has even slightly got a tune out of him. We've been actively selling him for over half his time here and that one manager could now be sacked. We already couldn't shift him on his lower wage. But we are also in a position where he's one of our best at the moment and we are staring into the abyss so we are damned if we do damned if we don't.

Exactly. He's had 4 managers, 5 if you count Ferguson and only one of them has even slightly got a tune out of him. We've been actively selling him for over half his time here and that one manager could now be sacked. We already couldn't shift him on his lower wage. But we are also in a position where he's one of our best at the moment and we are staring into the abyss so we are damned if we do damned if we don't.
Yeah it is a difficult situation, i think he he has earned a new deal but we shouldn't be giving him too long and too much

Status
Not open for further replies.